This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
    Damn, Agra. Was Idiocracy inspired by your customers?
    I could see his customers being the cast. No acting required.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

My middle son is a first responder fire-fighter and a volunteer with the rescue squad. He has a retired military Hummer that he rebuilt and equipped it with rescue tools including a jaws-of-life setup that runs on the PTO. On an off day he was called in with the rescue squad and he just happened to be out in his Hummer that he calls The Beast. He responds with flashing lights on and parks in the business's lot next to the RS truck. They rescue the people and send them on their various ways of the hospital and jail. When he returns to The Beast there's a steel yellow boot on the left-front. He went back into the business to inquire about the boot and the manager told him he was illegally parked there and parking was for customers only. He told him about being with the RS and showed him his creds. The mgr wouldn't relent and demanded $99 to remove the boot within the next hour or he was going to have it towed.
      Son said ok have it your way and left. Five minutes later he drove out. The mgr found the boot laying against the wall in several pieces and would require a good welder to repair. The mgr called the LEOs and once they learned what happened the SGT chewed him out and told him it was illegal to hinder the FD and RS while they were responding or leaving a call. The SGT complained to the owners and they fired the mgr and put on a dinner for the the RS.
      Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

What? Did you hear me laughing all the way from here?

The manager deserved everything he got, what a maroon!

Dinner is nice. I got a free car detailing out of the deal

Today someone from the front desk brought me a note that someone had dropped off yesterday. She said he asked to talk to me about my car and when she told him that I was in a case, he asked her to thank me again and handed her an envelope. Of course she made him open it and take the contents out (security, not nosiness), and saw that it was harmless so put it aside to bring to me later and then forgot.

I got a very nice note from the owner apologizing for the mistake and offering me a free car detailing for the inconvenience. Seeing as how LBGC is probably technically a vender, I probably should have turned it in but then it would never be used and I have to have my oil changed this weekend...

I thought that was pretty nice and diplomatic. It would have been pretty worrisome if he offered me a free tow next time I needed one!

(When I call them to find out what was going on and told the man on the phone my story, he was very polite to me but didn't put me on hold fast enough before shouting J**** F**. That's when the hold connected. He was still very polite when he got back on the phone, but his voice indicated that he wanted to do some serious bodily damage to a specific person in the very near future.)

Comment

Slave to the Phone: that last paragraph makes it even more giggle-worthy, thank you!

Tanasi: I read your comment to my husband and finished with a fistpump and yelling “JUSTICE!”

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
            Why oh why do these Yankee-flavored rapscallions always, always, ALWAYS drive these 30 story tall Ford F-OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAANNNNDDDDD! monstrosities?
            Don't you mean a FERD F-TEENTHOUSAND?

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
              Why oh why do these Yankee-flavored rapscallions always, always, ALWAYS drive these 30 story tall Ford F-OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAANNNNDDDDD! monstrosities?
              Was it a truck like this?

Or maybe this:

Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                Who's been dumping Industrial-Grade Stoopid© in the water supply there?!
                Nobody needs to, the air is saturated with it. State College, PA, is a university town, so it's not Industrial-Grade Stoopid©, it's Collegiate-Grade Stoopid©. Academic Stoopid©, maybe?

--BPFH, who has lived in more college/university towns than is really good for him.
                "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

We get bulk drops of Collegiate Stoopid, General Academic Stoopid and Industrial/Weaponized Stoopid, and the latter don't seem to be limited to a given age group
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

"We make bucks if your parking sucks."

Please, please, PLEASE tell me you actually get to say this!

Also, I loved your ownage of the want to be Property Owner.
                    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
                    X