This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Desk Diaries; Red Flags and Red Hands

Day shift 11AM. Office phone rings. Room for two, check. Queen or Twin room? Queen, check.

Can I have a bigger room? *ding*

I answer that we do have a bigger room in the family suite, but that would be a bit big for two people.

Oh, it'll be me, my partner and my friend and her young kid. *ding* (Yeah, you totally didn't just make that up)

Gave the price. They agreed. Details, credit card (it must have been her "partner's" credit card judging by the name). I also told her about the security deposit policy for good measure. She'll do the cash bond.

1PM. Guest and her "partner" arrive by taxi. Just gonna need a Queen room now. Photo ID, check. Credit card under her "partner's" name, check. Everything being done in cash. Cash bond, check.

Her room payment was a bit sketchy. So they had $100 on hand, but wanted to pay the rest on the "partner's" credit card. As far as I know, you can pay part and part, but I personally prefer at least one night to be paid in one method. Thankfully her "partner" had the rest on him. Keys and done.

Or so I thought...

As I clocked out, I noticed 2 cars pull into the carpark and the drivers went into their room. OK, so the Queen rooms is only for 2 people and no more. Unless you notify us, we can put a pop up bed in there for an extra person fee. There's also nothing in the rules saying people can't visit as long as they leave. I knew without hesitation that the woman lied about the room just being for two, but at that point I couldn't exactly confront them and accuse those people of staying overnight.

My fears were founded the next day.

I had afternoon shift and I wanted to talk to my supervisor about a few things. Turns out there were 4 people in that room and they stayed WAY over the usual check out time. They apparently also blocked the door with the couch in the room.

Welp, they're on the blacklist now, so sucks to them. Honestly, how dumb do you have to be to pull a stunt like this? Amoral, idiotic and infuriating.

Quoth PoliteBoy View Post
    Turns out there were 4 people in that room and they stayed WAY over the usual check out time. They apparently also blocked the door with the couch in the room.
    Did the management have to involve police to get them out?
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

What was the cost difference between the rooms? All that to save $30? Did they think if they blocked the door you wouldn’t notice they were in there? This stupidity has no point.

Comment

Did the management have to involve police to get them out?

No. As far as I'm aware, we've never had to call police to remove a guest.

What was the cost difference between the rooms?

There's a $50 difference between the Queen Room and Family Suite. It's mostly because the family suite is a three-sectioned room and that extra cost is likely the labour and cleaning involved.

Comment

Working...
        X