This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Name, No VIN; ASSHOLE Alert!

This is my first post. = u = Gimme a moment to breathe...
    __________________________________________________ __________

Alright ghouls and gals, yesterday I had to deal with an asshole. What kind? The kind that think they are entitled to everything. Which, I know you all have dealt with.

I work in taxes. Everyone hates taxes, I know. I work in the section that helps people figure out the most simplest things to the most mundane and ridiculous requests. This email that I received was from a company called, let's say for privacy sake, The Productions. The email basically stated this, "My leased car was leased at $36,000 but you are assesing the vehcile at $39,000. Change this NOW!" Uhmm.. What? There is no name. No identification to even assist The Productions. No nothing to go off of.

Now, we assesse the vehicles under a uniform guide that we follow. So, I explained very nicely the procedures and regulations of where I work. I continue on with my day as usual. I then receive the response email. Oh, here we go. The email stated from The Productions, "No. The dealership leased this vehicle at $36,000. That's the price I should be paying taxes on. Change this NOW!" *ADRENALINE INTENSIFIES* *cracks knucles* *types a wordy email back explaining I need some information to do further research to see if they are correct. If they are, I can change the value* Okay. Taking a deep breath... Now back to helping other people. A couple of minutes pass and I get another email back. The first thing I read is , "No research is needed...." Excuse me? I open up the email and The Productions continue with, "No research is needed. I did the research for you. Now change this value before I get a lawyer!" .... *HEADDESK*

At this point, I'm fucking annoyed; to where I give no fucks because this ASSHOLE does not want to cooperate with me. I then send the email to my supervisor and state, "Can you assist me? The Productions hasn't complied with anything I've said." So, my supervisor soon took over.

She emailed The Productions the exact same thing I stated, with a bit more detail in the codes. It's soon closing time and we all went home for the day. *13 HOURS LATER. INSERT SPONGEBOB MEME*

I walk to my desk. Sign in. Get situated. Check my emails and- WTF?! Are you serious right now The Productions emailed my supervisor and I back stating, "This is ridiculous. This is a new leased vehicle and I know everything. I paid less last year. I have PROOF. Let me give you an analogy, you know about T.V's? The seller does not sell the T.V's and then TAX the T.V's at the same price. Fix this. NOW!" At this point, I am baffled. Bewildered. Fucking. Done. With. Helping. The Productions. So, my supervisor sent a response back basically stating this, "You are neglecting to give us information, as Nami has stated in her previous email response. For us to move forward, we need some information or we can't help you." So, I find out later today that they finally provided some information. The caulactions under our police's and procedures are correct. My supervisor responded back with, "There is nothing else we can do. Everything is correct. Have a nice day."

Now, I'm not sure if they responded back, but fuck them.

You know what car they leased? A 2017 Jaguar. Fuck. Them.

*Rant Over. Done. Flips table*
    Last edited by naminator; 03-10-2018, 01:38 PM.
    ρσя¢єℓαιη ∂σℓℓ ☆

If they don’t want to believe you, they can get someone else to do their taxes. What kind of lawsuit would that be exactly that they threatened? What an idiot.

Comment

The TV analogy makes no sense... Why is it these people can afford Jags and my car has previously broken down on the highway and is 15 years old?
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I know, right? People just don't get it, or they do, and wish to fight the system.
        ρσя¢єℓαιη ∂σℓℓ ☆

Comment

"I have the information and records, therefore YOU should know everything and just DO it."
          Yup, these be prime SC specimens.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
            Why is it these people can afford Jags and my car has previously broken down on the highway and is 15 years old?
            Because they save as much as they can on their taxes, and cheat if necessary.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Let me give him an analogy. Let's say a tax firm doesn't follow rules and regulations. The tax firm gets fined and possibly shut down and the clients get an audit. Oh, that's not an analogy, that's a fact. I don't know how anyone can think that it's okay to just insert whatever number they tell you to.
              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
              Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Quoth evilhomer View Post
                I don't know how anyone can think that it's okay to just insert whatever number they tell you to.
                IT'S OKAY BECAUSE I AM BIG AND IMPORTANT AND I HAVE A LAWYER RAWR.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I laugh

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  IT'S OKAY BECAUSE I AM BIG AND IMPORTANT AND I HAVE A LAWYER RAWR.

The few times someone tried that with me I just laugh and pointed out I have two on retainers - their move.

For some reason the lawsuits never arrive. I think most were empty buffs but I think in one or two cases they backed off when they discovered they would have to spend real money.

Comment

When he threatened to get a lawyer involved, I wonder how well "Have your lawyer call us" would have worked.
                    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

You've got a lawyer, huh?

Only one?

I got six

Tied up, in the basement.

If they're good, I may let them out, but every time I go down there, it's all "I'LL SUE! I'LL SUE YOU FOR THIS!!!"
                      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                        You've got a lawyer, huh?

Only one?

I got six

Tied up, in the basement.

If they're good, I may let them out, but every time I go down there, it's all "I'LL SUE! I'LL SUE YOU FOR THIS!!!"

10char
                        AkaiKitsune
                        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Great first post! Welcome to the forum.

And yes, that guy was a major dick. I had something similar happen to me at my call center job awhile back.

This lady was screaming at me to fix her account but would not give me ANY informantion I could use to pull it up. Chicken, meet egg. Eventually she got to my supervisor, just like in your story, and she wouldn't give her any info either. My supervisor just hung up the call.
                          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                            When he threatened to get a lawyer involved, I wonder how well "Have your lawyer call us" would have worked.
                            That was actually one of my favourite tricks back in the day. The second that any kind of litigation is mentioned, you no longer have to speak with them. My favourite line used to be "Oh, I'm sorry, since you have chosen to begin legal proceedings, I can no longer speak with you. Any further communication must be done through our respective legal representatives. Thank you so much and you have yourself a wonderful day". Then hang up. Just repeat above when they call back. Loved it.
                            D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
                            Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                              Great first post! Welcome to the forum.

And yes, that guy was a major dick. I had something similar happen to me at my call center job awhile back.

This lady was screaming at me to fix her account but would not give me ANY informantion I could use to pull it up. Chicken, meet egg. Eventually she got to my supervisor, just like in your story, and she wouldn't give her any info either. My supervisor just hung up the call.
                              Thank you!~ ; u ;
                              OOF. That's so annoying.
                              ρσя¢єℓαιη ∂σℓℓ ☆

Comment

Working...
                              X