This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, lady, go home and plug your kettle in

Grumpy Bitch came in the other day and wanted a pour-over.

This requires (sometimes) that we grind the beans (sometimes there's already some ground beans available, but not always), then measure the coffee out, pour over the boiling water, and ... wait. Wait for the finished Elixir of Life to drip through the paper filter into the cup.

Which means it does take more time than getting one of the coffees we have ready in an insulated urn. Go figure. It usually happens when somebody wants decaf and we can't persuade them to get decaf espresso ...

So we make Grumpy Bitch's pour-over. A few minutes later she comes back. It's not hot. It took too long. ("I waited FIFTEEN MINUTES." Um, sure, if you say so.) I was in no mood to be polite and apologize and grovel, so just called over somebody higher up in the food chain to do the refund. They apologized, but it did sound a bit perfunctory to me ... She walked out with her money, still muttering about how long it had taken and the coffee was cold and ...

That noise you hear, lady, that's the world's smallest violin. And it's playing just for you.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

What is the point of a decaf espresso???

As for Grumpy Bitch....lady, that's what they make microwaves for. Just reheat it and shaddup.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I guess to get the flavour without the caffeine?

I know there are people who, for medical reasons, can't have caffeine ... not sure if decaf espresso is an option for them, as I'm not sure it's completely caffeine-free ...
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
        ... not sure if decaf espresso is an option for them, as I'm not sure it's completely caffeine-free ...
        It's not. Decaf just means some of the caffeine is stripped out. You have to look for no-caff options such as chicory for coffee or red bush/herbal for tea.

Yes, I am supposed to avoid too much caffeine.
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I am both addicted to caffeine and very sensitive to caffeine. If I don’t get my caffeine, I get splitting headaches. If I have anything with caffeine after about noon, I can’t sleep. So, it’s a big cup with breakfast and nothing the rest of the day.

Yes, decaf coffee still has a bit of caffeine and that small amount is enough to keep me up at night.

Comment

A cup of coffee has more caffeine than a shot of espresso, actually. I forget the mechanics of why but I know it to be true.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
              A cup of coffee has more caffeine than a shot of espresso, actually. I forget the mechanics of why but I know it to be true.
              On the flip side, a lot of places now serve double-shots by default.

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                On the flip side, a lot of places now serve double-shots by default.
                I've got no problem with that. My default has been a double shot in my cappuccino for the last 20-odd years, though I do have to say that for the last year or so I have been doing far more French press than cappuccino. It's the first thing I make in the morning and I like to press decaf at night but sometimes I take cappuccino in my thermos to work or have a decaf mocha for dessert. I don't use my cappuccino maker every day anymore, sometimes not even once in a week. It's a paradigm shift.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                X