Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Old 12-07-2017, 03:43 AM
Area Manager

Badges? We got no badges. We don't need to show you any steenkin' BADGES...!

Old 12-08-2017, 02:11 AM
Cashier

Quote:
Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
Hats are cool if you can find one that actually fits.

I apparently have an immense head, because almost every "one size fits all" hats that I have ever tried on needed to add an extra bit to that phrase: "*(Except for NP)"
If you or anyone else is really interested in learning the ways of hats and how to properly block one, pm me. I have never bought a hat that fits right because everyone's head is shaped differently, but the forms used to make them are all the same.

LOL at Monterey Jack! I was waiting for someone to use that.

I stopped at the local c-store on the way home tonight for some liquid refreshment and fake "demanded" that the clerk card me so I could show her my state ID. Her response? OMG slave, I've seen bad ID pics before, but this is the worst ever!

So much for using that ID again.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:53 AM
Pune Massacreeist

Quote:
Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
... OMG slave, I've seen bad ID pics before, but ...
... you can have that posted with your obituary: "Told you I was dead."

Old 12-08-2017, 11:41 PM
Warning: He thinks he's funny.

Quote:
I have never bought a hat that fits right because everyone's head is shaped differently, but the forms used to make them are all the same.
It's not a question of shape--merely of size. I seem to have an inhumanly-large cranium. I have found a total of three different hats that fit me so far, in a couple of decades of looking. One was a straw hat made on a "humongous" form just in case someone like me wandered by the booth; one was an actual Size 8+ hat, and one is the big floppy "Sunday Afternoons" hat that I wear when going outside for any amount of time.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:56 AM
Cashier

Quote:
It's not a question of shape--merely of size. I seem to have an inhumanly-large cranium. I have found a total of three different hats that fit me so far, in a couple of decades of looking. One was a straw hat made on a "humongous" form just in case someone like me wandered by the booth; one was an actual Size 8+ hat, and one is the big floppy "Sunday Afternoons" hat that I wear when going outside for any amount of time.
Is this a stealth brag about having a brain so big a normal head couldn't hold it?

Straw is fairly easy to stretch to fit, so I could help with that. Well made fabric hats can only be stretched about half a size larger without damage. I am so sorry that I can't share my hat love with you.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:07 AM
Old counter jumper

Quote:
Is this a stealth brag about having a brain so big a normal head couldn't hold it?
I've got a brain the size of a planet, but if I tell them that all the diodes down my left side are hurting, does anyone listen?

Old 12-09-2017, 01:18 PM
Front End Supervisor

Quote:
This would seem to warrant springing for some custom work. Aside from Google, you might ask around local clothing- or shoe- repair places (such as those often found with laundry services), or any SCA-type groups you might know about.

Old 12-09-2017, 08:36 PM
Warning: He thinks he's funny.

I just accept that I'm not much of a "hat person". My wife stumbled upon one hat that actually did fit me and offered good sun protection, so I promptly stole it from her. She made me order a couple more of them...

https://www.sundayafternoons.com/p/adventure-hat/

I wear one like that most of the time I am out in daylight for more than a few minutes.

I definitely am not as smart as Marvin the Paranoid Android, nor do I claim that my noggin makes me the smartest person in any given room. I think it's mostly just a thicker skull; a notion firmly supported by my wife who occasionally tries to get ideas through it....

Old 12-10-2017, 02:41 AM
Pune Massacreeist

Quote:
... a notion firmly supported by my wife who occasionally tries to get ideas through it....
The answer is obvious: UBH!

Use Bigger Hammer! Though that could end like the time our gang of 12-13 year olds were digging an underground hut with picks. I discovered a *large* buried rock and told my best friend and good buddy (our muscle kid) it was too tough and could he loosen it up?

Mighty Swing! Klang! ... and he's stretched out in line with the pick handle, vibrating like a gong.