X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Faux Fur A Fraud

http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/0...not-noted-o%2F

I actually read about this a year or so ago while looking-up some animal cruelty information. Sadly, it seems to be cheaper to make real fur look fake than to manufacture fake fur. Saddest of all is that in China, the racoon dogs (not protected because they're not domesticated) are SKINNED ALIVE. The video footage was horrifying! At the very least they could be humane.

Is THAT NOT a cute dog or what!?
    Last edited by LillFilly; 05-19-2010, 02:51 AM.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

That's not a raccoon?
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
      That's not a raccoon?
      Tanuki are a hybrid of raccoons and dogs. Watch Pom Poko.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

It's actually a wild dog in china that is colored like a raccoon, hence the name; it's not related at all. See, it has paws instead of little raccoon hands with thumbs. If it was a different color I think it would look a lot like a grey or arctic fox.
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
          Tanuki are a hybrid of raccoons and dogs. Watch Pom Poko.
          Or Inu-Yasha....Hachiemon is a Tanuki and if I'm not mistaken aren't those native to Japan?
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
          X