No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cenobites are #SquadGoals. Change my mind.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Hey, web designers! Making your site UI more annoying makes me want to use it less, not more! Lookin' at you, Google/Youtube...
      Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
      They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

• Those John Fluevog shoe have got to be the ugliest, overpriced shoes I have ever seen.
        This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

• Quoth Ceir View Post
          Hey, web designers! Making your site UI more annoying makes me want to use it less, not more! Lookin' at you, Google/Youtube...
          Facebook (grrrr)
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• Quoth catcul View Post
            Those John Fluevog shoe have got to be the ugliest, overpriced shoes I have ever seen.
            I've seen uglier, but do agree about overpriced.
            "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• There's a weird commonality between Peter Jackson's Hobbit trilogy, and the Star Wars sequel trilogy: the first ones were actually pretty okay. A few janky spots, but pretty okay. The second and third installments just blew everything off the rails and tanked the whole experience though.

Comment

• I wonder what women who have the "Karen"/"Speak to the Manager" haircut think of its reputation, and how many of them are actually like that.
                Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
                  I wonder what women who have the "Karen"/"Speak to the Manager" haircut think of its reputation, and how many of them are actually like that.
                  Did the cut create the Karen or did the Karen create the cut?

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
                    I wonder what women who have the "Karen"/"Speak to the Manager" haircut think of its reputation, and how many of them are actually like that.
                    I'm wondering how many of them who are not actual "Karens" by nature have rushed to change that haircut ...

I'm back online after a 24-hour offline annoyance. I rebooted my computer yesterday and in retaliation it logged me out of damn near everything ... and, of course, I could not immediately locate my little book with all my passwords ...

On the bright side, my apartment is now somewhat neater than it was.
                    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Somebody sent me a Google Nest Mini for my birthday. It works great, but it has the unfortunate side effect of making me sound like an angry dad.

"Hey, Google, turn that music down."
                      "Hey, Google, turn that music off."
                      This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
                        I'm back online after a 24-hour offline annoyance. I rebooted my computer yesterday and in retaliation it logged me out of damn near everything ... and, of course, I could not immediately locate my little book with all my passwords ...

On the bright side, my apartment is now somewhat neater than it was.
                        One time my mom cleaned the computer keyboard and it ended up a 3-day extravaganza including moving furniture to another room, rearranging all fabric in a big, heavy cabinet, deep cleaning everything.... I think at one point my dad was trying to view the TV around the exercise bike.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• I was thinking this morning about the movie "Trading Places".

Aside from the fact that there are checks in place in the Futures Market, wouldn't Winthorpe and Valentine have gotten into some serious legal trouble themselves?

I mean, the Dukes could have, simply because they were paying for what they believed to be a legitimate orange crop report, in order to corner the market.

But W & V got the real report, and then used that information to bankrupt the Dukes. So wouldn't they get into trouble, too, for some sort of Securities fraud or insider trading?
                          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• I still love me some Firefly. But I also readily accept that the show we got is only as good as it is because it didn't have time to get bad. Fourteen episodes wasn't long enough to crank out any real stinkers.

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
                              One time my mom cleaned the computer keyboard and it ended up a 3-day extravaganza
                              I no longer let mom clean anywhere near my computer...I think she damaged my monitor (and possibly the TV). Just because a cleaner is "multisurface" doesn't mean it's safe for flatscreens/touchscreens.
                              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Well, crap, there goes my relaxing after-work evening ... YouTube is down, apparently pretty much globally.

Definitely the End Times are upon us ...

I tried to watch some movies I had bookmarked on Hulu and got some reallllly sketchy-looking ads and "offers" so ... that's out.
                                Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                                X