This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been sick, got tested

So I started coming down with something on Saturday. Given the state of affairs here (APPALLING!), the doctor told me to get myself tested. Also, given the state of affairs here, I couldn't get tested immediately.

So, today was the big day. I went to a local hospital, and discovered that they'd set up an army tent on the grounds. Which makes sense; it keeps potential carriers out of the hospital buildings.

Getting tested is NOT fun. Fortunately, it doesn't last long. I was then allowed to sit and clutch my nose and face for a little while.

I'll find out in 24 hours. I think.

Good luck!
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

You'll be all right. Even if you're positive, you'll be all right. Remember, I got it last summer, and I survived. All it did to me was a permanent cough. You're stronger than me. You'll be fine.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Test result.

NEGATIVE!

Comment

That's fantastic!
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Good to hear. Hoping for a speedy recovery from what ever it is that you do have.
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I'm on antibiotics. I had the foresight to ask the doctor for them. I knew that if I needed them and had the dreaded virus, it would be hard to get them. I agreed to start taking them yesterday if certain symptoms didn't improve, so here's hoping that things get better soon.

Comment

Hope you feel better soon!
                Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Hope you recover quickly! Good news on it not being da 'rona!
                  Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                  ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Thank you all!

It's a HUGE relief not to have it. I've been really tired this week; I was pretty energetic this morning, then fell asleep and woke up wiped out. I had to go to the supermarket for a few things, and I was energetic enough to handle that. It was a perfect time, because after significant rain, the sun came out and highlighted the changing colors of the trees and ivy.

Being under lockdown really changes my outlook. Being outside is weird, now, but very welcome. I look at things differently. I stopped to take some photos, including photos of Halloween pumpkins (the holiday has really taken off here, but they won't have trick-or-treating this year, for obvious reasons). I saw a little girl with a stuffed kitty, and they were both masked.

I also got to pet a neighbor's (real) kitty on the way home, and got some serious head-butts. It was a good way to spend my time outside.

Comment

There is a bug going around that mimic's COVID (I know a few who got it) but you get over it a lot faster. Either way.. Glad you got tested

Comment

Working...
                      X