Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While it may not be *illegal* in most places to have your kids at the bar, I do think it's inappropriate.

I'm no prude, but when my kids were little and I wanted to go to the bar, I found sitters for them, or guess what? My ass stayed home.

It's not fair to adult patrons who want to sit and unwind in a relaxed atmosphere, to have to put up with kids whose parents don't monitor them.

Hell, I like kids, and even *I* would get annoyed if they were running around a bar area - but I'd direct my annoyance at the parents, not the kids. It's the so-called parents fault for letting them run wild.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

It's not appropriate for kids to be in a bar, supervised or not. It's not fair that other adults have to deal with children being in an adult environment when they want to have their own time away from kids and to relax among other things. I would've lodged a complaint to management about not doing anything about the sucky parents of the unsupervised kids at the bar.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        One more difference between the UK and US. I don't smoke, but if they did that over here I'd be inclined to seat in the smoking areas. If I could find any that were left.
        The years before the smoking ban, truly it was a golden age. *sigh* I personally feel that when the smoking ban came into play, that all the smoking areas should have been changed to child free areas. Cuz that way, if you want to chill out in a child free environment, you can. It's annoying the way that families and kids are invading every sacred adult environment you could think of.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
          The years before the smoking ban, truly it was a golden age. *sigh* I personally feel that when the smoking ban came into play, that all the smoking areas should have been changed to child free areas. Cuz that way, if you want to chill out in a child free environment, you can. It's annoying the way that families and kids are invading every sacred adult environment you could think of.
          Oh, but then you'd get the nosy, bored house wives DEMANDING that these child-free sections be banned, too, because pweshus snowfwake MUST be able to ANYWHERE when Mommy is 'watching'!
          Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Working...
          X