This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to the hostess...

not sure if this belongs in sightings or praises....but this lovely young lady deserves to be mentioned.

So as posted in Off Topic, I've been on a 2 week long vacation in Florida/bahamas.

Monday night we went out to dinner at a little seafood place down in Boyton/Ft Lauderdale called prime catch (lovely place for those in the area), we walked in off the street with no reservation and walked up to the hostess counter to see if they could seat us.

After her dealing/seating with another party she turned tired haressed looking eyes to me. I of COURSE smiled and greeted her all friendly and said that "no" we did not have a reservation and that there were 4 of us that would like a table if that was possible...inside since it was muggy and hot.

As she is looking at her list a rather irate customer walks up beside me and starts DEMANDING her attention...

SC: EXCUSE ME! EXCUSE ME!

Host: If you will hold on just a moment...

SC: WE have been waiting here for 20 minutes! WE have a RESERVATION! WHY have we not been seated yet?!

Host: Ma'am, we are trying to get your table...

SC: ITS ALREADY READY I SEE IT RIGHT THERE!!! I DEMAND to speak to your
    manager or we are LEAVING NOW!

Host: Ma'am we are trying to accomidate you as quickly as possible, if you can bear with me just a few minutes longer.

SCFriend: I don't know WHY we even came here...its not like we just walked in off the street....lets go we can get food somewhere else!

My friend (one of the people we were having dinner with): takes the SC away from the host and talks her into calming down while I appologize to the hostess and YES I did give her this website...hope she sees this post and recognizes me.(and NO that SC was not in our party).

Turns out they HAD made a reservation....for 4 people....in a booth...they brought 6 people, and demanded a table by the windows over looking the canal...some people

They were leaving as we were after dinner and said they had no further complaints and had admitted they only stayed because there was no other place open that would take them since it was the day after the 4th.

I of course asked to speak to a manager since I did not wish to get the hostess in trouble, and spoke up for her.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Quoth Sarlon View Post
    SCFriend: I don't know WHY we even came here...its not like we just walked in off the street....lets go we can get food somewhere else!
    That sounds like it was directed at your group!

Quoth Sarlon View Post
    Turns out they HAD made a reservation....for 4 people....in a booth...they brought 6 people, and demanded a table by the windows over looking the canal...some people
    You know, I've never worked in a restaurant, but even I can figure out that that is going to throw a huge monkey wrench into the planning that the wait staff has to do to make sure things run smoothly.

Maybe they should have been shown to a table in the canal.
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

who cares if we just walked in off the street. If we had been told that there were no tables available, but booths were...we'd of taken it, or politely thanked them and gone somewhere else.

My friend is a bartender at a pretty swanky club, and she has a stories that would probably rival Jester's....infact if it weren't for the fact its the wrong side of the state I'd think some of his stories include her....

hmmmm note to self....ask jester if he knows this bartender....
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Maybe they should have been shown to a table in the canal.
        only if they're wearing cement shoes...
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
        X