Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Store made me pay for sucky customer!!

I have put in a formal complaint about this one.

I had no cash on me and was going to pay for gas/petrol, but discovered that the sucky customer in front of me had paid for my pump not being able to look and see which pump she was actually at.

All the cashier had to do then was void the customer's receipt then put in the correct pump details and have her pay again.

Instead he started shouting at me that I would have to go and get cash so the customer could be refunded. (wtf?) I refused, he shouted this three more times, and three more times i refused.

He then decided that I should break up my transaction into several parts with an authorisation of each so she could be paid back (wtf again?) i refused.he got out a piece of paper and began writing incomprehensible numbers on it as to why i should pay her back from my transaction.

I said just take the full amount its nothing to do with me if you void someone elses transaction.

he started shouting at me, several customers who were waiting joined in, i started to cry and finally my boyfriend had to come over and pay.

How can a sucky customer be anything to do with me?
    why didnt the clerk shout at HER instead?

I will be very interested to see how they deal with my complaint it was a horrible experience.
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

I would be calling the manager of that store. There is no reason you should be abused.

Comment

That's fucked up.
      "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

oh and I forgot to write the ending, as my boyfriend was paying, (he decided he would just let the cashier take several parts of the transaction, even though I still cant see why, and nor could he) the clerk turned to the rest of the people waiting, pointed at me and said "see this woman, she's held you all up because she's mentally incapable of understanding a simple instruction".

The people waiting (men) started muttering "well, she's a woman what do you expect" etc

I was horribly embarrassed, and all I was doing was attempting to pay.I don't know why the cashier even dragged me into the other woman's problem.

Comment

I'd like to hear an update to this one.
          It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
          -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

i have set it out with times etc in an email to their customer services, yesterday, I received an automated response that the department recieved it.On their website they state that they aim to look into a complaint and give an initial response to it within one working day, so maybe tomorrow or Tuesday I should hear something.

In my email I said nothing about what I wanted them to do about it, I merely set out what had happened and stated that this is unacceptable.I did not want them to think this is all about trying to make money out of them, it isnt at all.

Thier website states that they do take complaints seriously and would offer either an apology, an explanation, compensation, or other steps to solve the problem.

I am not a person who complains, but i felt this was really awful.

I am presuming they will offer some explanantion as to what the cashier was attempting to do with the two customer payments as I have never heard anything like it.I am guessing he did not know how to void and refund the first customers transaction, maybe he was panicking himself, and i wasnt playing the way he wanted me to?

I would also like an apology it goes without saying.

I do not wish the cashier to be fired or even really spoken to, however I would like him to be trained in voiding receipts so that this does not happen to anyone else.

I also do not think it would be very sucky of me to think that some form of compensation would be due to me even if only a bunch of flowers to say sorry.

Comment

That's horrible. I'm glad you filed a complaint. Definitely follow up with it. I think the employee SHOULD be talked to, at least to be told that you don't SHOUT at customers and blame them for delays or problems that occur. That's entirely unprofessional.

Comment

Were there any video cameras or other ways to collect evidence that might support your case? I bet there were... but the store might only use those when it is in favor of THEIR side of the story.

I hope you indicated that you will buy your fuel elsewhere unless this situation is made right somehow. I wouldn't go back to that particular location as long as that clerk is still working there, but that's just me.
                I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

Quoth poofy_puff View Post
                  Were there any video cameras or other ways to collect evidence that might support your case? I bet there were... but the store might only use those when it is in favor of THEIR side of the story.

I shan't go back there.Luckily it's not our local garage.

This is a worldwide chain, I know you have them in the states as well (can anyone say "things you find on the beach?" and I'm pretty sure they do have cameras in the store (from watching these police programmes with robbers in garages).Maybe famous last words, but I would say I trust them to investigate and do the right thing.

However the evidence as to the transactions, if not the behaviour must be available, as I gave my boyfriend's name and they will see he made several transations on his bank card as requested, also the previous customers transaction for the same pump number immediately before that (the cashier did not serve any customers in between although more came in untill this was sorted out which took ages, which is why the other customers were so upset, so the two customer transactions must immediatley follow each other at the time i gave).

Comment

Isn't this fraud? He didn't charge you for the goods you consumed and maybe over-charged you? Why the multiple transactions? I'd be worried of the clerk scaming you.

Comment

Quoth casey13 View Post
                      Isn't this fraud? He didn't charge you for the goods you consumed and maybe over-charged you? Why the multiple transactions? I'd be worried of the clerk scaming you.

I didn't like to say anything but this was the whole reason i refused to do it and I said to my boyfriend to check his bank account very carefuly, the whole thing made me feel uneasy. I am really hoping I get an explnation for it.

Comment

Was this prepay?

Comment

No wonder the word "hell" is part of their name.

At least I never buy gas there.
                          I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

Quoth rageaholic View Post
                            Was this prepay?
                            At the pump you mean?

No, I know that is common in the usa, and maybe in some parts of London where cars do drive off without paying after filling up, but in general in the Uk we do what I was doing in this instance, filling up the car, then going into the cashier to pay.

Comment

So the cashier is yelling at customers and making them feel stupid in front of other customers? Wow! I am extreme surprised your boyfriend didn't jump over the counter and kick his ass for doing something like that, especially when you didn't do anything wrong at all. He should not be working with customers at all, whether or not he was panicking, having a bad day, etc. There's just no excuse for acting like that. Totally unprofessional. He needs a job like stocking where he has very little customer interaction.
                              If it were me, I'd go out of my way to make sure the cashier gets fired or at least put on final notice. Btw at the risk of sounding like a Sucky Customer, Yes I would expect some sort of compensation.

Comment

Working...
                              X