Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boyfriend was trying not to make a bad situation worse, and we would have ended up the sucky ones if that had happened but he wasn't very pleased about it, and me being upset and all.
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post
      I do not wish the cashier to be fired or even really spoken to, however I would like him to be trained in voiding receipts so that this does not happen to anyone else.
      Fuck that, if I had been treated that way, I would want him fired, or at least have his ass nailed to the wall.

You're a lot nicer than I am.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I think he should be spoken to VERY strongly. If he's not spoken to (or, better yet, fired) he'll just keep on doing it to others. Right now, he's doing it because he gets away with it. I wonder if the whole thing is fraud - maybe he knows the woman, and was getting her a discount by ripping you off.

Comment

Since it was not prepay, it's even suckier of the clerk! That's just going against all common sense right there. You already paid for it and because of another customers mistake that can easily be fixed, he wants to not only inconvienience you, but make things even more complicated than they are? What an ass!!!!

That's why I like prepay. No one can pull that crap on me.

Comment

If you don't get a response within a few days, don't let this be. My sis works for a well-known fast food store and apparently calls to corporate are taken more seriously than emails. Also, phone calls penalize the store whereas emails don't. Don't know why that is, but it could be the same way here. Because this is a big chain, try to contact corporate, not just store level. Corporate is more likely to make heads roll. Just my 2 cents.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Wow. What an asshole. I would be fighting to get that idiot fired from his job. I would recommend calling the corporate office instead of emailing them. Kudos to your boyfriend for not throttling the idiot. Let us know how this goes.

Comment

That's seriously fucked up. Sending many hugs and the adult beverage of choice to you. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that crap.

Forgive the international ignorance, but do folks in your area have anything like the Better Business Bureau? (www.bbb.org) You may want to report their sorry asses to an organization like that or the Federal Trade Commission. Again, sorry I don't know what it may be called there.

After that, you may wish to contact the media, especially if the company is responding with anything less than the public tar and feathering this guy deserves**.

The SC was a total idiot too. If I had paid for someone's gas by mistake, that was MY mistake that I should have remedied.

Good luck!!

**I know we don't advocate violence here, but it's a nice thought.

Comment

Wow What a jerk! It's bad enough he made you stand there and deal with this nonsense, but to call you mentally incompetent?

You're WAY too nice... I would have called corporate and asked for nothing less than the guy being fired... if they refused, I would go to a news station or local paper and see if you can get a story on the possible "scamming" or so forth. NO ONE in any industry has the right to talk to anyone like that, regardless of how bad their day was (if he had a bad day to begin with).
                  Ultimate Ginger Extraordinaire.

Comment

I think you are being to lenient in saying that he shouldn't be fired and that you shouldn't get compensation. I would have refused to do what he wanted and threatened to call the police. I would have said I will pay for the gas I pumped in one transaction. If this is not acceptable to you then call the police.

I think the employee should be fired for what he did. He called you names, degraded you, and made it out to be your fault. I also think the store should give you something nice like a $100 gas card or something as an apology and an invitation to give them a second chance for your business.

I don't know how difficult the situation would have been to rectify, but no matter what that clerk had no business taking it out on you and calling you names. If I was the manager, he would be terminated immediately.

Comment

Ok, when I first started I was clueless how to void a credit card transaction. Learned the next day after a guy wanted me to void something but I had no idea how, i rung up wrong washer fluid outside he understood and just took what he paid for.

I hate customers who don't know what pump they are on. If anything he should have went off on the idiot who grabbed the wrong pump. From the sounds of it you paid more which shouldn't have happened. Being a cashier I'm authorized to make decisions of up to $10 paid out in cash and worse case is at my store you might have had. However, it sounds like you both got the gas then went in to pay. Well at my store you can pay with both cash and credit on same completed filling. Knowing how big your company is they should have similar POS software if not the same. If you had $33 on your pump. Sc had $50 in gas. I might "make" you pay for $33 towards their gas. but they are coming up with the other $17. OR in case they took off. I would find way for my company to eat difference or file it as drive off on the other person.

Definitely call corporate, they need that person to be properly trained and you DESERVE compensation. I got out of my way to make sure the good people a treated right, had a customer call up at night because there was a hole in his coffee cup and free coupon he brought in next day was covered in coffee. He was only giving me heads up in case it wasn't a random fluke and someone went threw and poked holes in all our cups. He didn't want a free coffee to make up for it but I gave him one anyways since he didn't rip my head off. I like to see the good people and victims of stupidity taken care of with out customer service program rather than always SCs and scammers.
                      I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Here's an update, I had an email back from "beach thing corporate" they say its an independent site which carries their name so they cant help directly but will pass my email to the site owners, in which case i bet its a family member who served me.

I have said yes pass on my details but now I wonder if anything will happen.
                        Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Well, time to go to Local BBB I guess because really people need to know about those shady places. You might want to channel some of the energy from the SCs and respond to corporate about how while it was independent dealer they were representing him and you went there because of a previous faith that you held in their company. His and their treatment of you and how it is being dealt with is completely unacceptable and they need higher standards. Or something along those lines.

I believe they are trying to pass blame or just hope you will give up. If you make them think your going to tell everyone you know to avoid ALL of their stations because of this one, they might try and protect their image and make you happy. I know around here we have few investigative reporters for local Tv news who would love to cause trouble. Look some of them up, lol helps to mention them by name rather than just where they work. My sister had problem with administration in high school they weren't going to deal with it till she said would contact media. They didn't take her serious till she had a list of people she intended to contact that all happened to know my dad.
                          Last edited by underemployeed; 03-08-2010, 10:36 AM.
                          I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Hope you'll let us know if there's another update! This is despicable behavior on the cashier's part and I can't believe this would ever happen!!

Comment

Don't waste your time with the better business bureau, If the station is not a member they can do nothing. Because it has to do with fuel sale, contact your states department of weights and measures.
                              They say crime doesn't pay. That must mean what I'm doing at work is illegal.

Comment

Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post
                                Here's an update, I had an email back from "beach thing corporate" they say its an independent site which carries their name so they cant help directly but will pass my email to the site owners, in which case i bet its a family member who served me.
                                Quoth pssorens View Post
                                Don't waste your time with the better business bureau, If the station is not a member they can do nothing. Because it has to do with fuel sale, contact your states department of weights and measures.
                                I agree with pssosrens. Contact the government agency responsible for regulating them. Charging you a different price from what is on your pump could result in large fines for them, or could result in them being shut down. And when you write to that agency, but sure to mention that your are "petitioning" them to look into the matter. I won't hurt to send a copy to your MP (congressman in the US).
                                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                                X