Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of parents need to realize that when they decide to have kids, then it's not all about them anymore. Your children's needs should trump your wants or desires. I know what it's like to be tight on money but my kids have never suffered because they come first.

Comment

Quoth boringscreenname View Post
      A lot of parents need to realize that when they decide to have kids, then it's not all about them anymore. Your children's needs should trump your wants or desires. I know what it's like to be tight on money but my kids have never suffered because they come first.
      Sing it. My mum set the benchmark for me when it comes to what you do for your kids.

She was a single parent during the Maggie Thatcher years (the sperm donor she was married to walked out). She was determined that we weren't going to inherit her fear of water, so she made sure we had swimming lessons every week. I didn't find out until years later that the only way she could afford to pay for the lessons was by having nothing to eat but a 19p pack of 6 crumpets that day. My mum seriously rocks.
      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I want to get an e-cig soooo much. My roommate is all sorts of awesome with electronics & knows how to mix his own liquid, and can make "Newport" flavored, as well as Cherry Coke, Brownie, and peanut butter cup.

Comment

Quoth ThirdGenRetail View Post
          Actually, very sad but very true - It's literally cheaper for my mother to KEEP smoking(She's at least cutting back on her own) than to get help quitting. Because of her job, she suffers very high levels of stress, and if she wasn't smoking... She'd probably have put a manager's head through the wall a long time ago due to the aggravation they cause She WANTS to quit, though, because the insurance through work will charge her even more because she smokes... But she needs help quitting, and the insurance won't cover the pill she would have to take, because... They charge you outrageous prices to keep smoking, but they refuse to cover the medication to help you QUIT smoking. She can't do the gum(She wears dentures and therefore can't chew on it), or the patch(I get my psoriasis from her... Though she's not as bad, but the patch can't stay on her). So she has two choices - Cold turkey, or the pill. Former would result in her in jail, more than likely, and the latter... We cannot afford.
          Which specific pill are you talking about?

Has she tried Zyban? Is that the one you refer to?

If so, here's a way to get her the med; get her GP to prescribe her Wellbutrin. It's the same exact drug under a different brand name (buproprion is the generic name). It's an antidepressant that does wonders for those trying to quit smoking. My parents used it successfuly, with little difficulty.

Chantix has some risks, and no generic so it is very expensive. If your mom has not tried Wellbrutrin/Zyban yet, she should discuss it with her doc.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
            Which specific pill are you talking about?

Has she tried Zyban? Is that the one you refer to?

If so, here's a way to get her the med; get her GP to prescribe her Wellbutrin. It's the same exact drug under a different brand name (buproprion is the generic name). It's an antidepressant that does wonders for those trying to quit smoking. My parents used it successfuly, with little difficulty.

Chantix has some risks, and no generic so it is very expensive. If your mom has not tried Wellbrutrin/Zyban yet, she should discuss it with her doc.
            Actually it IS Wellbutrin her GP tried prescribing. I know this only because when I was a child, I was on it(Let's just say a lot of teasing has left me... Cynical towards other people RL), and she had to argue until blue in the face that I was on it for depression, complete with psychiatrist's notes, NOT trying to quit smoking... At an age younger than 13. Incidentally, I hate smoking... But it's not so much her doctor, as the insurance company. We literally can't afford for her to be taking it without insurance covering it, because we're also buying epilepsy medication for one of our dogs. Sad but true, they put all these safeguards up to help people, and the working poor fall through.
            Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Working...
            X