Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh AT&T, I'm going to strangle you (long and ranty)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh. I'm in a training class right now for a contractor that does troubleshooting for AT&T. I'm not impressed from this side either. It really does seem like they trying to get us to do our damndest to not exchange a phone that's jacked-up.

Hell, our trainer thinks AT&T service sucks. Most of the people that work there don't have AT&T!

I'm not really worried about getting on the phones though, since I won't be completing the training.

I've got a much better job, actually in my field, more money, and much closer to home that I'll be starting on the 15th.

Why yes, I am using them for the money. Why do you ask?

I'd like to get an Android. The phone I really want though is not available in the US yet.
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I'm currently on Verizon, but when the iPhone 4 I preordered gets here later this month, I'm switching to AT&T. These stories do not bode well.

I haven't had a problem with a Verizon, but my contract is up and SHINY NEW PHONE WITH A FRUIT ON IT! IT MUST BE MINE!

There is no problem we cannot ignore, confront, plot against, drown in chocolate sauce, or run over with the car- Christopher Elliot

Comment

About a year and a half ago, the ship I was on was in the shipyard in Guam. I was on leave when the ship went there, and met-up with it later. In Guam, I booted-up my AT&T phone, and was pleasantly surprised when it showed that the local carrier was AT&T. Great, I thought! I talked to my girlfriend for at least an hour or more daily (I really missed her). That is, until I got my bill. It was for something like $1,700! (I'd been in Guam for about 2-1/2 weeks).

I called the AT&T rep, and asked how this was so. The rep explained to me that Guam was 'a foreign country,' and since I was calling California from 'a foreign country,' I should've expected the charges to be high. I was floored. For one thing, Guam is a U.S. territory. They have U.S. zip codes. The post offices here are U.S. Post Offices. They use U.S. money. They send one member to the U.S. Congress (well, even if he or she is a 'non-voting' member). Plus, to top it off, Guam's motto is: Where America starts its day! (That's because it's the first piece of American territory to see a sunrise, on any given day).

But nothing could make the rep change her position that Guam was a foreign country. And she couldn't explain to me, in any way that seemed to make sense, why AT&T phone service in Guam should cost an AT&T subscriber such a large amount. So, in the end, I paid it -- though not all at once.

The next time I'm back in the States, I'm seriously going to look into changing my service.
        Last edited by SailorMan; 07-08-2010, 11:07 AM.
        Who hears all your prayers? Why, the NSA, of course!

Comment

Quoth SailorMan View Post
          The rep explained to me that Guam was 'a foreign country,' and since I was calling California from 'a foreign country,' I should've expected the charges to be high. I was floored. For one thing, Guam is a U.S. territory.

But nothing could make the rep change her position that Guam was a foreign country.
          Sounds like the issue with people thinking New Mexico is a different country.
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

That is ridiculous (yes I said that word!). Beyond ridiculous.

If you page back to....probably 2 years ago, or whenever AT&T took over Cell One, you'll find a lovely Sightings story of an uber bitch in dire need of being fired at the AT&T store.

All my family was doing is going to the store, making sure our phones would work, maybe looking into new ones, making sure everything transitioned ok.

The dumb bitch said that my family was NOT AT&T customers, we did NOT have AT&T phones with AT&T Sim cards, basically "What the hell are you doing in this store you are NOT our customers!" even though my mother had an AT&T bill in her hand.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Yeah, so about AT&T...I'll be sticking with US Cellular for a while. I have yet to hear very much positive about AT&T at all. Plus, I love my LG Tritan...Titan...Whatever. Touch screen + full qwerty slide out= happy Bren!
              "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                Isnt there a 30 day window that if youre dissatisfied with your phone/service it voids the (new) contract with no fee? Also, I hated sprint for the longest time, but they seem to have upped their game in the last year or so. What about T-mobile? I had good service with them for a number of years.
                Well, the problem is that I really love and want my iPhone. I haven't had any trouble with the cell service. Just the customer service. Glad to hear it about Sprint, though. As for T-mobile, I just had a friend have his identity stolen by going through them. No way. lol

Update, we finally got my husband's iPhone Wednesday night. We talked to so many people and got so many different stories. It turned out the guys at the store never even submitted a ticket to corporate for us. We finally got somebody totally awesome on the phone who called us back two days in a row with updates to make sure it all happened. When he had his phone in hand, she called him.

The funny thing is, at first they arranged to have our account credited $200 to cover the difference of the price of the phone. Great. We just wanted it in writing. That took a while to get in writing. The awesome girl at AT&T was going to do it, but the supervisor stopped her at first. We finally got it in writing, and then all of a sudden, they also fixed the account so we could pay the correct price for the iPhone.

In the end, they did both. So after all that, we pretty much got the phone for free. Not what we had planned on. We don't want to scam anybody. But it was hilarious none the less.

After the last time the awesome AT&T girl called, Nick asked to speak to her supervisor and told the supervisor how absolutely amazing she had been through the process and unlike anyone else we had talked to, really made sure this happened. (For the record, he would have done the same had there not been a goof in our favor. All we wanted was resolution. )
                The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

I would love to get an IPhone, I just don't want to deal with the Death Star. I've been a Sprint customer for 10 years now and I'm not switching to anyone.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                    I would love to get an IPhone, I just don't want to deal with the Death Star. I've been a Sprint customer for 10 years now and I'm not switching to anyone.
                    I don't like Apple or AT&T as a company. I was going to sign up with them and probably get an iPhone. I have terrible credit, so I knew there was going to be a pretty hefty deposit with AT&T

I did not expect a $750.00 deposit (on SERVICE, I didn't even mention getting an iPhone). A store that sells sprint (radioshack I think) told me it'd be 150$ (which is doable), but when I went to an actual sprint store they said there'd be no deposit, i'd just be on a spending limit plan. Its worked out so far. If Sprint had DSL/Cable/whatever I'd go with them on that too. I just dislike Apple and AT&T.
                    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                      I would love to get an IPhone, I just don't want to deal with the Death Star.
                      What an insult! AT&T is nowhere near being the technological terror that the Death Star was! And their logo is nowhere nears as cool.
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                      X