Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know how in musicals when a person starts singing, the entire crowd joins in?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know how in musicals when a person starts singing, the entire crowd joins in?

This wasn't one of those times. You see, usually when that happens, the person to start the musical number has a good singing voice. It doesn't work if your voice sounds like ass, even if you are singing a song that's fairly recognizable. For example, the gal behind me on the bus was singing a horrible solo of Offsprings's Get a Job (I think that's the name of the song). I assume she was singing along on her iPod, but still annoying.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

"Hey, who sings that song?"

"Let 'em!!!"
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post

"Let 'em!!!"
      I use a variation of that!

"Keep it that way!"

Most people, I can get them with that once. Worked with one nice, but completely clueless person. Got him every time.
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Time for a link to this short video.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

That's why I miss being in Montreal. They have actual songs that everybody knows that aren't crappy top 40 corporate jingles. Well, sort of corporate jingles. Like the "Habs" songs. But I witnessed a few times when people broke into song--wine was involved.

Comment

It would be nice if her ipod would have stopped the song and a voice came on saying: "Will you shut the fuck up and let me sing the damn song".

The only thing worse than a tone deaf person singing is a tone deaf person singing with headphones. I've been guilty of doing the latter. At home of course. My 11 yr old will yell: MOM STOP SINGING!!!!
            Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

...man, where's Simon Cowell when you need him?
              My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

I've actually instigated those scenes with fellow choir members. The difference is we pick well known songs and can sing.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
                  I've actually instigated those scenes with fellow choir members. The difference is we pick well known songs and can sing.
                  See? That's different. When the chick behind me on the bus makes William Hung seem like Ariel (ok I admit, she was what started my fetish for female vocals) then you know you got problems.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                    ... It doesn't work if your voice sounds like ass....
                    If your ass can sing, is that considered hole notes?
                    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                      If your ass can sing, is that considered hole notes?
                      Only if you can beat this:
                      My father should have been in Guinness's book of World Records.

One morning he made it from his bedroom, to the bathroom, and down to his car without stopping. And changed keys three times.
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

"NO. No. Stop that! There will be NO singing!"

....it's all I could think about... cookies for reference.
                        "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                        -Red

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
                          "NO. No. Stop that! There will be NO singing!"

....it's all I could think about... cookies for reference.

Do the cookies come with huge tracts of land?

Comment

Quoth Hyndis View Post
                            Do the cookies come with huge tracts of land?
                            Yep, HUGE tracts of land. ^_^
                            "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                            -Red

Comment

Just...GAH when people sing whether you are a good singer or not. Goddamn it, I LIKE having an uninterrupted train of thought, your voice comes along and derails that train.
                              Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                              X