This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone Upgrade Transferrence Man

This story has been relayed to me by co-workers, and is one of the more amusing stories I've heard of recently. As we all know, the drive for the new Iphone 4 has made a ton of SCs come out of the woodworks (idk why. I don't want it merely because odds are i'll lose it at a bar. *badum-tish*)

So Tuesday I hear about a recently ex-Verizon customer who called in and wanted to cancel his Verizon account and open a new AT&T account for the Iphone at our Star-mart's Wireless center. Only one issue arose: Since he was eligible for an upgrade on Verizon, he wanted it to count towards the Iphone. a-yup, he didn't know why he should have to pay. Kept telling us that's how it was supposed to work. Argument ensued, AT&T was made aware of it, and he vowed he would come in the next morning. Something i really wanted to see.

Alas, i didn't make it (watched Brooklyn's Finest before taking it back... pretty Meh movie, imo.) but asked my coworkers what happened. Yes he did come back, yes he was in a hurry (aren't they all?), he had paperwork... of something (i can't recall exactly if he had done something here or not.) and yes, of course he was Irate. The worker currently in charge argues with him, pointing out that she hadn't dealt with him, so she wasn't sure about the validity of it. he yells for a manager, so she gets our department manager. Unfortunately, no one could relate just what kind of carnage went down, due to not having seen it. ><

I don't think it's quite over... after he was in a hurry AND is currently without a cellphone (the Verizon cancellation went through.) so I'll ask if anything happened before i clocked in and for clarification on what exactly happened, and get back to ya'll soon. ... hope it makes sense, btw.

Ok - wait. I think my brain just broke.

He was due for an upgrade with Verizon, but wanted to cancel with them, switch to you - and wanted the free Verizon upgrade?

PLEASE tell me you don't have some asshat of a spineless manager that will give in to him just to shut him up.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

my brain just fell out.

he wanted to take a verizon upgrade - that comes with a 2 year VERIZON contract and apply it to a phone with AT&T?

O_o

Comment

he could have waited 6 months. I think the iphone is coming to verizon anyway.
        "Beam me up Scotty there is no intelligent life down here."

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
          Ok - wait. I think my brain just broke.

He was due for an upgrade with Verizon, but wanted to cancel with them, switch to you - and wanted the free Verizon upgrade?

PLEASE tell me you don't have some asshat of a spineless manager that will give in to him just to shut him up.
          No, he wanted the Verizon upgrade to apply for AT&T. (I don't work for AT&T, just Star-mart, where we have a Wireless Center that works with AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile)

And no, i have an update: Apparently he did get an AT&T contact, but then started the whole drama on the Verizon upgrade, and canceled the AT&T contract, then tried getting another one for AT&T, but couldn't right away. (I'm guessing that AT&T doesn't do it.)

He did call and get a manager... one of the newer managers got the call (he's been here since around the start of the year, don't talk with him much, but I know he's rather good at his job.)

Essentially he told him to wait 72 hours before getting a new one, and to NOT call back. Like a boss. So, that pretty much wraps up that little bit of drama.

Comment

Quoth Project_Mars View Post
            Essentially he told him to wait 72 hours before getting a new one, and to NOT call back. Like a boss. So, that pretty much wraps up that little bit of drama.

Should we start taking bets on how many times he breaks this directive?
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I think the over/under should be around 100.

Telcos work at glacial speed at best.

B
              "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
              I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

I vote 24 hours, but if he knows what's good for him, not to our store.

I won't know for awhile though. I'm on vacation for 6 days now.

Comment

Working...
                X