This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy server days

Very impressed with the server tonight at the Man-In-Bearskin-Hat.
    Got to the table,she introduced herself.Drinks arrived quickly,afterwards plates were cleared and new cutlery set down.Without hanging over the table like a hawk,she was keeping an eye on us so you just have to look over and she noticed you needed something. The last group in all knew from last time and were happy to see her,and she remembered them all.That's always a good sign.And then they mentioned when they'd last been,she was just starting.She'd now been there three weeks-wouldn't have known it-I'd have said three years,she was so efficient.

Sometimes it's good getting to watch people,knowing they'll be getting a good report and a smiley face from the manager.
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

My favorite Japanese restaurant owner's wife knows my name. I go there on average once a month. My late husband left ridiculously giant tips, but I don't, I leave just good ones. Can't afford his silly big tips, nor is my bill so big alone as ours together used to be. They know my name! They remember I can't eat kiwi, and give me a desert without it, if I'm there for dinner.

Comment

Working...
    X