This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Crossbow View Post
    NO! Use something else, please? I use Bacardi 151 for deglazing pans. (Drink it? Are you crazy??? I may not particularly like my liver, but I do like my taste buds, thank you very much.)
    I have seen people drink 151 straight. And in cocktails, such as 151 and diet coke, and a 151 mojito (the latter of which wasn't actually too bad). But honestly, any bottle I mentioned would be one that someone would object to. I chose 151 for two reasons, though. First, it is fairly generic. Two, it is HIGHLY FLAMMABLE!!! So, ya know, it makes a better Molotov cocktail than most others.

And since you live in Ohio, which is notably Not Near Florida, I don't think my use of your favorite deglazing medium is going to unduly impact your cooking sessions.

Quoth Raveni View Post
    If a credit card scammer tips you well, how does that work out? If there is a chargeback on the credit card, do they take your tip back?
    I haven't the foggiest idea. Fortunately, I either haven't had that happen, or the management just didn't ask for the tip back days of weeks later when the chargeback came through. I dunno; it's either never happened to me, or it's never happened to me that I was aware of. Take your pick.

Quoth PepperElf View Post
    what an ass. if there's one thing i learned from Mom, it was to tip based on the amount before the discount.
    True. But forget that for a moment. Even tipping on the amount after discount, he STILL left a piss-poor tip. So fuck 'im.

and samplers... oo that sounds nice actually. i tried that in Australia, but with beer. They had some kind of flat paddle with mini-sized beers on them. ;-)
    Yep, we do that with beer as well. As does at least one other place in town, whose version is different than ours. (Different number of beers, different pricing, different size glasses.) I have seen samplers of rum, whiskey, beer, and wine, and even cocktails; I imagine there are other liquor samplers out there as well for things like tequila, vodka, gin, etc.

and of course, no it was not free. but it was easier to try samples of each vs drinking entire beers, just to see which ones were the best etc.
    Which is pretty much the point of any sampler: trying it before you commit to it.

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
    Cola in those rums?!? or any mixer for that matter. I had a sampler and would not really care for a mixer in those...especially the sweet one
    Well, no, the samplers don't come with mixers, though some people will get something for a "back," basically to cleanse their palate or maybe taste with one of the liquors. Not all samplers are made up of super premium spirits, so mixing is not always verboten. Most people do a side of ice water with their rum samplers; I prefer a lighter beer with mine, such as Corona or Landshark.

Quoth Ellain View Post
    *starts planning trip to visit Jester- after Baby is born*
    If you are planning on coming to Key West, please contact me. But a word of advice: leave the newborn at home. You will enjoy Key West so much more if you don't have a child with you. Orlando is for children, Key West is for adults. Just my opinion.

Quoth Syriilord View Post
    Also, I'll probably get smote down from afar by Jester for this, but I can't help myself, so:

I hear you're offering free rum. I'll take a bottle of the best one.

Quoth dalesys View Post
    I never imagined that a bottle of rum could be opened by sticking it in *there* and twisting!
    You seriously underestimate the creativity, ingenuity, disdain, and sheer and utter contempt bartenders are able to conjure up for their worst customers.

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
    The day those SC's grace your bar is the most important day of your life. But for them it is a Thursday.
    I am pretty sure you have it backwards. For them, it is the best day of their life, but for me, it is just another Stupid Thursday.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
      several of the brewpubs here in madison(WI) and surrounding do beer samplers, and we do have a distillery that does tours and sampling.
      The last brewpub I visited had samplers--it wasn't free, though. As for wineries & distilleries I've visited, their free samples are just enough for a taste.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
      X