This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Chromatix View Post
    I am intrigued. What sorts of shenanigans does it usually imply?
    That the customer is a scammer, especially if the customer has ID's & W-2's with multiple different addys.

Here's the thread. While this scammer did know her addy, she didn't know: Her zip code, which chain restaurant where she worked, her supposed kids birthdates.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Oh, I see - trying to claim a tax refund, using false details so she can't be traced afterwards. Or so she thinks. That really was a clueless one, though.

Comment

Wow. I still have trouble with my license plate number, but as for what the car looks like? With those logo things on the back, it reminds me of its make and model every time I open the trunk. But, then, I can tell most people in this town the make, model, and color of my car, and they'll say, "Oh, that's your car? I've seen it around town, and I wondered who drove that."

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
        Finally get a number. Phone persons NOW asks for an address.

I will leave the rest to your "paranoid" imagination.
        I can only remember one person who didn't know her address and didn't know why I needed it to set up her new internet access, but she'd just moved in, so I let that part slide.

As for paranoid, I got that at the call center all the time, but it seemed somehow off for those people.
        - Credit card number, social security number, and date of birth? I got those with no trouble at all.
        - Phone number? Often refused, but not really needed anyway.
        - Address? "Why do you want my address? You're going to send me more junk mail, aren't you? I don't think I want to give that out. ... What? ... Well, that's not my problem. You'll just have to figure out some other way to send me the stuff I just spent 30 minutes ordering."
        I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
        - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
        - IPF

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
          I think you and Seraph should move into an apartment together. Either A) The weirdness effect will be exponential, and it will cause a tear in space-time and end all life as we know it..or B) The weirdness will cancel each other out..though that might be a bad thing for this board. Your two's stories are so mind boggling it makes for entertaining reading.
          I imagine it would end up looking somewhat like this...

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            I imagine it would end up looking somewhat like this...

SILENCE WILL FALL.

I'm still wondering whose voice that was. Creepy as hell.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
            X