This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• short...

so I was sweeping the lobby today trying to get my work done, and this gentleman walks through (avoiding my dirt pile AND my mopping!!!!!!) I smile and continue on working, next thing I hear is him saying "excuse me! is anyone here?!"

I glance up, and see the front desk guy not behind the desk and figure hes doing something in the back, so I wander up and ask "I think hes out for a moment, is there maybe something I can help you with?"

SC: (in the snottiest tone I've heard in a WHILE, while also standing inches from me practically), yeah, I'm a platinum member and I would think I deserve some kinda special service, maybe YOU can help me...

insert me smiling through gritted teeth, yeah I'm only a cleaner, but I'm also a glorifed gopher, doesn't make me less of a person, I can get to places to find someone/something faster then you just standing there shouting.

SC: I want my room cleaned, (note this is about 12:30, and no mention of the room number), I'm going out for about a half hour to 45 minutes and I want it done while I'm out. I'm a platinum member I think I deserve at LEAST that.

At about this moment the front desk guy finally shows up, and I say "Well, Bob (not REAL name obviously), there can radio someone from..."

Then he just walks away and starts in the same tone of voice on poor bob, DEMANDING something, rather then just politely asking...all because hes a "platinum" member and we are the lowly peons....me even lower because I'm not in a prim business suit.

Ancients, I wanna find out what he does, and go to his business and pull that act....
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Quoth Sarlon View Post
    Ancients, I wanna find out what he does, and go to his business and pull that act....
    With that attitude, he's probably just a glorified gopher at his job, too.

...that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Don't destroy my fantasy.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

smartly dressed man, middle aged, fairly well groomed.

I've gotten more respect from the guys who are staying in the hotel while working construction (or at least I think so with the amount of dirt they track through).

Don't underestimate the power of the gophers, we can get to things faster and more efficently then waiting on someone to come down from the upper floors to attend a matter.

Had one guy ask almost appologetically if there was some place he could get some ice for his cup he had brought with himself, I said no problem, asked him to remove the lid, and was back in under a minute (happened to be right near the doorway that led to the hall where the kitchen is). You'd of thought I'd brought him back a 5 course dinner in how thankful he was just for getting him a cup of ice.
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

So did you actually get the guy's room number, or did he in fact just walk off expecting you to automatically know which one to assign the 'platinum' priority service to?

Comment

Working...
        X