This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone stole our soap!!

Usually I use the restroom sometime between the time I get to work and lunch. Today, however, was so busy that I barely moved from my receptionist chair.
    I know that a couple people (residents) used the restroom while I was taking calls and running checks, and most of the walk-ins were women. Women that had giant purses.
    Seriously, who steals soap from a realty office??

The terminally cheap, that's who.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Yep. Somebody once brought in a bottle of hand lotion for the ladies room at work. It disappeared. I wasn't surprised, which is sad.

My mom used to bring in paper towels for the restroom at the senior center. She stopped after the rolls starting going bye-bye.

What's really stupid about all of this is that even if you're not rolling in money, hand lotion and paper towels are available at dollar stores...FOR A DOLLAR.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        What's really stupid about all of this is that even if you're not rolling in money, hand lotion and paper towels are available at dollar stores...FOR A DOLLAR.
        and I donate my unused hotel soaps/lotions to food banks and domestic abuse shelters(it may seem silly, but if you don't have money for food/have to leave in a hurry, a small bottle of lotion/bar of soap can make you feel a tad better-creature comforts and all that)
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
          and I donate my unused hotel soaps/lotions to food banks and domestic abuse shelters(it may seem silly, but if you don't have money for food/have to leave in a hurry, a small bottle of lotion/bar of soap can make you feel a tad better-creature comforts and all that)
          Yes, in fact some of the shelters and hospitals around here seek donations of things like this during the holidays. Lotions, soaps, shampoos, deodorants, snuggly socks, etc.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

It wasn't stolen. What happened was ...

*cue sappy background music*

Someone left the soap out in the rain
            I don't think that I can take it
            'Cause it took so long to make it
            And I'll never have that recipe agaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiin! Aaaaaaagaaaaiiiiiiin!

*ducks*

Comment

Quoth Cat Herder View Post
              *ducks*
              *Duck sinks because all the oil's been soaped out of its feathers*
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I believe the OP. The post seems full of lyes.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

If you wish upon a fie...
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Oh I dunno. Seems like a decent enough tallow.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                    X