Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha... "Oh, I need to go on the ferry, I'll just park my car here... but before I go I think I'll put this opened chest of gold, diamonds, and jewels in the backseat. Hmm, you know what, I'll put this floodlight here highlighting them as well. Guess I may as well leave this marked box of 30 pre-production, beta iPads sitting on the passenger seat too, won't be needing those.

Actually you know what I think I'll leave the keys in the ignition and the door unlocked, that will make it easier to get home."

Comment

Even in "This is Mayberry - there's no crime around here", you need to keep your car locked. Otherwise, in late summer, you risk coming back to a car full of Zuchini.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

We've had a few customers have their iphones stolen at my store. Each time they set the phone down and walked away. Most recent one was a Lady who left her new one in our restroom. That thing was long gone by the time she realized she had forgotten it.

Comment

My bosslady's daughter did that. She set her shiny new-ish i-phone on the counter at the Apple store, and when she turned around, it was gone.

The only time I've ever walked away from my phone were when I was at home, or while it's on my desk at work. I'm certainly not letting it out of my sight/grasp while out in public.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

SOmeone stole my dad's car whilst he was at uni ... he found it halfway down the street with a note saying "It isn't worth the effort..."

Comment

My co-worker habitually didn't lock her cars and left her keys and purse in them. Needless to say the cars were stolen. Amazingly enough both cars were recovered and you would think she learned her lesson. Evidenly no, just found out one of her cars was stolen again and found in Washington state. Her cell and who knows what else was in the car and remarkably were still in the car when it was recovered. She says her cell phone company is giving her the run around to replace the phone since it's in police custody as evidence.

I needed my Jeep to run up to a bead store after my hubby loaded our rifles, shotguns and other plinking gear into it. Hubby actually had the odacity to tell me to lock it up. REALLY?!!!!! I always lock it up - my .22 revolver lives in there for one thing and I don't trust my fellow humans at all when it comes to my Jeep.
              Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth Anglesmith View Post
                We've had a few customers have their iphones stolen at my store. Each time they set the phone down and walked away. Most recent one was a Lady who left her new one in our restroom. That thing was long gone by the time she realized she had forgotten it.
                Another reason I have mine in a case with a *gasp* BELT CLIP that stays attached to my person.

I have no sympathy for someone who lays their phone down and it grows legs and walks away.

I like to think of it as using forethought, which sadly seems to have become deader than Common Sense.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                X