This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you order pizza.....

and the delivery arrives, so what do you do????

1. Answer the door when the delivery person knocks on your door (no doorbell)????

2. Listen to the dog of the house bark its little head off for 3 minutes after the delivery person cop knocks on your door several times????

3. Ignore your phone when the delivery person tries to call (AND do NOT have voice mail active so they can leave a message)?????

4. Call the store to wonder where your order is and WHO called your phone?????

If you answered 2 and 3 AND 4 you get one of my "winner" deliveries last night. Plus on the runback which I got to take (thank whatever diety I did get a run credit) I got straight stiffed.

the 1st time I attempted the delivery no one appeared to be in the front room but the dog.

2d time they were sitting right there as I could see through the blinds that the dog had damaged or torn off.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Well in my case it's command my barking dogs to sit and stay and then deal with pizza guy.

Seriously though, in my opinion if a person doesn't answer the first go around and the driver has exhausted all sources of trying to get in touch (cop knock, door bell ringing, calling twice, and waiting) then the jerkalope should have to drive his little, entitled ass to the pizza place and pick up his own damn pizza.

That'll probably never happen... but it would be nice.
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Pizza guys should be allowed the same slips UPS drivers get that inform you a delivery was attempted, but couldn't be delivered because....(check off the reason here)
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
        Pizza guys should be allowed the same slips UPS drivers get that inform you a delivery was attempted, but couldn't be delivered because....(check off the reason here)
        That's a good idea, but also have on the same note that a delivery fee will be added for the recent time that the delivery was attempted without the customer being there, and the next delivery attempt for the next time that they order.

Comment

At least she didn't call the police and try to sue you for 'scaring her!' like that bitty old crotchety bat did to those two teens!

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Story?id=4...1#.UJaa6YaH118
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Been there, done that

Love when people decide to go walk the dog or take a shower around the time their delivery is due too.

Comment

The last time I ordered a pizza delivery was Halloween....the guy was amused that his tip included a chocolate bar. Yes, there was cash as well--give me some credit
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I yell, "Just a sec!" as I shove Psycho Puppy out the back door, then I grab the leftover Halloween candy and jog (ok, currently it's more of a waddle) to get the door.

ETA: TGK, I did too! Except the delivery guy picked out a Jolly Rancher sucker instead of chocolate.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                  At least she didn't call the police and try to sue you for 'scaring her!' like that bitty old crotchety bat did to those two teens!

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Story?id=4...1#.UJaa6YaH118
                  I hope the old bat accidentally swallows something hideously caustic. That's just assholish.

Comment

People not answering their doors was one of the fastest, most efficient ways to torque me off as a pizza driver. Some of them did that shit because they thought it was cute.

One fellow did it on a regular basis, and then was baffled when his address was added to the 'do not deliver' database. Oh, he could still order, but he had to climb into his car and drive to the store to get it. It was amusing one night as I was delivering to his neighbor. If looks could kill.....

Comment

I never heard of, "cop knocks" before. What is it?

Comment

Quoth vloglady View Post
                        I never heard of, "cop knocks" before. What is it?
                        A "cop knock" is pretty much when someone SLAMS on your door with their fist. It's called a cop knock because police tend to use it in order to get the person inside's attention, rather than a polite, lighter knock that a civilian would use.

If you watch any shows with cops, you'll notice they hit the door a lot harder when they knock than someone else would, that's a cop knock.
                        My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                        It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

So sorry you had to deliver to my neighbors.

Seriously. It takes these idiots TEN MINUTES to answer the door when someone knocks. I've seen people park in the drive (about 8 inches from the door), knock, honk the car's horn, yell and bang on the door, then give up and go away. 30 seconds later, one of the idiots opens the door and looks around.

My only guess is that the Britney Spears-clone who lives there has gone deaf from screaming constantly and having her cell phone glued to her ear all day.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Pizzacommando View Post
                            Love when people decide to go walk the dog or take a shower around the time their delivery is due too.
                            I hope you don't mean in the same sense as in the first (and hinted at again in the series finale) episode of Dawson's Creek. Please pass the
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                            X