Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never have I so wanted to punch someone...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never have I so wanted to punch someone...

I was sat on a checkout for a little while today, and had one of the worst customers I've had in a year of working in this supermarket (that includes all the drunk on a friday night XD).

I finished serving a customer, turned to the next one, and saw this well dressed old lady with a look on her face like she had stepped in something nasty. Before I could even spout my opening lines, she snapped at me, 'Clean this!', with a vague wave in the direction of my belt. I could see she wanted to put clothes on it, but the belt was clean already (I had wiped it down only a few minutes before). Nevertheless, I clean the belt for her, making it nice and damp-the tissue we are given isn't very good, and it's hard to dry the belts completely. She see's this and growls 'I'll do the clothes last-carry on, girl!' I'm already seething inside at how damn rude she is, but I smile sweetly and say, 'Do you have any bags?' Whereupon she sends her poor husband down to pack. He's clearly embarrassed about her behavior, and I make pleasant small talk with him while we pack groceries.

Then we reach a large amount of towels and bath mats. She shrieks at me to stop, and demands to know if we have toilet mats that match. I tell her no, I don't believe we do, the only ones we have are really cheap white ones and come in a set with a white bath mat. Of course she demands I ask someone, so I ring my runner M, who happens to be just a few feet away. He sees it's me, hangs up and comes over.

Imagine the most snotty tone possible from this old cow.
    Old Bat to M: Did she seriously just ring you when you were right over there?!?
    (Yes, because M is psychic and knew which of the 19 checkouts waned help...I rolled my eyes at him behind her back, he had a resigned look on his face)
    M: How can I help you?
    OB: I want to know, do you have toilet mats that match these towels and bath mats.
    M: No, I'm afraid not.
    OB: Go and look.
    M: Did you see any on the shelves?
    OB: No, I want you to go and look.
    M: If there are none on the shelves we won't stock any.
    OB: GO AND LOOK! Look at how much I'm buying, it's disgraceful that you don't have toilet mats to match, now go and look!
    M: There is no point in me going and looking, we do not stock them.
    OB: This girl said you do have toilet mats, now go and look.

(At this point M looks at me, and I explain about the real cheap white ones we do, but I *know*-having worked on that department-that they are the only ones we stock. As I already told her.)

OB: There, you see? You do have toilet mats.
    M: Do you want the white ones?
    OB:...long pause...No.
    M: Then I can't help you. Good day.

M walked off, and the woman snapped at me to carry on. I helped her husband pack the rest of the shopping. He was very understanding, as I told him, we're a supermarket, not a home furnishing store. I pretty much ignored the woman, she was such a cow, especially the way she spoke to M whom I really like. The funniest part was when she tried making jokes with me, and all she got was a glare in return...I wish I could have punched her, or told her to get out...

Kudos to M for just shutting her down! And yeah, it's funny that after all that she starts trying to make jokes with you, as if she hadn't been a complete SC/EW all along.

Comment

Yeah, he's pretty awesome XD Me, I just tend to sit and take it in silence :/

Comment

Working...
      X