X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Letter to a Trash Dumper:

Dear Person who left their trash for me to find,

I really liked going out in the rain to gather the bags of trash you lovingly left in our parking lot.

I especially loved having to don gloves to pick-up the bag that split-open, and chasing down empty cans of sprite from under cars.

Did I mention how MUCH I appreciated having to gather your used insulin needles? At LEAST you had the sense to cap them.

I would suggest, though, you might feel better if you didn't drink so much soda, capri sun, cookies and baked beans, although the birds appreciated the cookies.

Thank you also for attracting a flock of seagulls to the parking lot; the other car owners REALLY appreciated them!

Love,
    Me

PS. F*ck you
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Scummy, but I might point out that while *I* use insulin, neither my hubby nor roomie are diabetic and they eat candy and ice cream with impunity [the bastards!] so the user of the insulin may not be the eater of the cookies.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Another side note; my dad needs injections but not of insulin, and he uses insulin needles to give himself the dosage he needs. So just because they are insulin syringes, doesn't mean they're being used to administer insulin.

Though no matter what the needles were for, suck-ass-to-the-max to just toss your garbage out for other people to clean up. I guess this kind of thing is why I'm glad my town upped the taxes a little bit and pays for everyone to get their garbage and recycling picked up. People who are paying for it either way tend to not drive their garbage to throw it off somewhere.

Seriously... who wants to put bags full of garbage in their car? Ewwww...
      My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
      It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
        Another side note; my dad needs injections but not of insulin, and he uses insulin needles to give himself the dosage he needs. So just because they are insulin syringes, doesn't mean they're being used to administer insulin.

Ah, you're right. I was just HOPING that's what they were used for!

And a LOT of people in my area seem to go through the trouble of packing their trash over to dump it in the parking lot. And I mean right in a space, or in between cars. I just don't understand it. I guess they figure that we'll HAVE to get someone to clean it up, and it won't be their problem. Through sometimes there is a witness, or if not, I find some personal mail in the bags
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
          I find some personal mail in the bags
          And I said, "Yes, sir, Officer Obie, I cannot tell a lie, I put that envelope under that garbage."

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post

Cheap people who don't want to pay for garbage collection.

Insulin syringes and TB syringes are not interchangeable, despite many claims to the contrary. TB syringes have a smaller diameter, which throws off measurements for insulin.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Argus View Post
              And I said, "Yes, sir, Officer Obie, I cannot tell a lie, I put that envelope under that garbage."
              don't forget to get the twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was to be used as evidence against them

Madness takes it's toll....
              Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                don't forget to get the twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was to be used as evidence against them

And Obie came to the realisation that this was typical case of AMERICAN blind justice. and the Judge wasn't gonna look at the 27 8x10 color glossy photographs

Now if you can get Searphs suckustomers and assorted nutjobs to also realize this it would be a win-win situation
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

And a LOT of people in my area seem to go through the trouble of packing their trash over to dump it in the parking lot. And I mean right in a space, or in between cars. I just don't understand it. I guess they figure that we'll HAVE to get someone to clean it up, and it won't be their problem.
                  Your mall isn't the only problem. I know I've come out of our local mall to find cardboard boxes stuffed up between my car and the one next to me.

Through sometimes there is a witness, or if not, I find some personal mail in the bags
                  I remember once when my Girl Scout troop went to go clean up a local dike along the river. We're picking up trash, doing our thing...until we find a LOT of trash...and then actual bags full of trash. Over a dozen of them. The police were very interested when we reported the site to them....and handed over the mail we'd found in them.
                  Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I don't get it. Surely they could at least put their trash in the store dumpster. That's what my family would do -- my grandparents would throw it out for someone to deal with but it would at least be in a dumpster!
                    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I love how, every time someone posts a story about SCs and their garbage, everyone breaks out the lyrics to Alice's Restaurant. Along with the shovels and rakes and implements of destruction...

Back OT, sorry that you had to deal with it. People can be so disgusting. Is it too much to hope that there was any identifying garbage (ie, addressed mail) to nail the perps with? Or a camera that caught them in the act?
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

And since the seagulls are definitely a public nuisance, all the father-rapers will have no problem sittin' on the bench w/ Filly's dumpers.

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                          I don't get it. Surely they could at least put their trash in the store dumpster. That's what my family would do -- my grandparents would throw it out for someone to deal with but it would at least be in a dumpster!
                          That's also illegal dumping on our property. The mall pays for the dumpsters, and the dumpsters are hauled away when they're filled. The faster they fill, the more often they're replaced and the more the mall is charged. I've caught people at 3am quietly trying to empty a car full of garbage bags into our dumpsters. They always argue that we can probably afford it! but it's the point of the matter. Pay for your own services.

And if they mistake the recycle dumpster for a regular one, it's our employees that have to sort the trash out before it can be hauled away.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                            Is it too much to hope that there was any identifying garbage (ie, addressed mail) to nail the perps with? Or a camera that caught them in the act?
                            Sometimes I get lucky with mail and magazines in the bags. There are cameras, but we'd only be able to make out a vague description at that distance, along with just a color and maybe a style of vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                            X