Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In order to place an order over the phone with a Net30 account you need to be able to verify what we have for the billing information. If you cannot, you are SOL. Telling me what was on an order placed three weeks ago, will not magically allow you to bypass verifying the billing information for the account Throwing a hissy fit and hanging up will get a note on your account that will pop up when you call back and try to place said order.

Comment

• I can see exactly what sort of thing would happen if you allowed the use of knowledge about a previous order to substitute for verification.

- Guy on the loading dock knows what was in a previous order - after all, he unloaded it.
      - Loading dock guy places an order containing readily saleable stuff.
      - Order arrives, he signs for it with a false name.
      - Merchandise gets transferred to the trunk of his car.

When the bill arrives, purchasing has no record of the order. The name signed on the bill of lading doesn't match anyone who works there - but the delivery driver has no way of knowing whether the name is authentic or not. Shit hits the fan.

Any bets as to whether the guy you were dealing with on the phone was pulling a scam like this, or whether he was authorized to make the purchase but was too damn lazy to dig up the info needed for verification and ignorant of the possible scams that could be pulled if your company allowed him to do what he wanted?
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Hey everyone, let's go over the take a number system! You take a number, go shop, and come when called.

Now let's go over the sucky way to do it. You take a number (say number 10), and go shop, as far away as possible. You do not listen to other numbers being called, so when 8 and 9 are called you are still as far away as possible. Now number 10 is called. By the time you get to the counter, we are helping number 11. You stand silently until number 12 is called, then come forward and sarcastically say "I have 10, but I was far away and it takes a while to get back here." (implying that we should have stood around waiting forever) Lovely! Now you have made a no-win situation for me. If I don't help you, you'll be pissed. If I DO help you, number 12 will be pissed. Here's my alternative: I help no one and go on break!

(okay, I didn't do that, but I was so tempted)
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Quoth notalwaysright View Post
          Hey everyone, let's go over the take a number system! You take a number, go shop, and come when called.

Now let's go over the sucky way to do it. You take a number (say number 10), and go shop, as far away as possible. You do not listen to other numbers being called, so when 8 and 9 are called you are still as far away as possible. Now number 10 is called. By the time you get to the counter, we are helping number 11. You stand silently until number 12 is called, then come forward and sarcastically say "I have 10, but I was far away and it takes a while to get back here." (implying that we should have stood around waiting forever) Lovely! Now you have made a no-win situation for me. If I don't help you, you'll be pissed. If I DO help you, number 12 will be pissed. Here's my alternative: I help no one and go on break!

(okay, I didn't do that, but I was so tempted)
          I was at the orange home improvement store the week before last and just about broke out my cheerleading outfit when the paint counter employee told his "number 10" that she missed her turn and she'd have to get a new number, and then stay in the area so she could hear her number being called the next time. He did so with a pleasant face without a hint of anger or snark, just that little smile and body language that said "don't even try to argue". Cue the most hysterical catbutt face/fish mouth/repeated breath intakes I've ever seen. "Number 10" flounced off and the rest of us who were waiting burst out into fits of giggles.
          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

You stand silently until number 12 is called, then come forward and sarcastically say "I have 10, but I was far away and it takes a while to get back here." (implying that we should have stood around waiting forever) Lovely! Now you have made a no-win situation for me. If I don't help you, you'll be pissed. If I DO help you, number 12 will be pissed. Here's my alternative: I help no one and go on break!
            Is there some procedure for what to do when someone doesn't show up? If it's policy to call "Number 10" (wait 15 seconds) "Second call for number 10" (wait 15 seconds) "Last call for number 10" (wait 15 seconds) "Number 11", then the obvious thing to do in the case you described is to serve number 12 and tell number 10 that they need to take another number.

Comment

• Quoth wolfie View Post
              Is there some procedure for what to do when someone doesn't show up? If it's policy to call "Number 10" (wait 15 seconds) "Second call for number 10" (wait 15 seconds) "Last call for number 10" (wait 15 seconds) "Number 11", then the obvious thing to do in the case you described is to serve number 12 and tell number 10 that they need to take another number.
              We're supposed to call three times. Some employees haven't started doing this (Newer Manager hasn't been able to correct everything wrong in the whole store yet) but the day I was complaining about all the employees were doing it right. 15 seconds would probably be too long. Seriously, in SC time that's like two hours. I wait about 5 seconds each time I call, and most at least say something so I can hear them and don't call a new number.

Our procedure is basically help the person who got "skipped." They will complain if we don't, and corporate only cares about the complainers. If the people who were affected (like number 12 in my example) started complaining also, THEN we probably would start telling people to take another number. If it's really bad, like if it was number 5 I would tell them no way.

Comment

Our procedure is basically help the person who got "skipped." They will complain if we don't, and corporate only cares about the complainers. If the people who were affected (like number 12 in my example) started complaining also, THEN we probably would start telling people to take another number.
                Clearly the people who get shunted aside so the ignoramus can be served need to start complaining.

Comment

• Dear SC ... do not park your bike INSIDE the trolley parking area for the large shopping trollies. It prevents people getting out a trolley to shop and it also stops them returning them to retrieve their tokens (We operate on a token to get a trolley system).

We will hunt you down in the store and make you move it. You will be glared at by waiting customers.

Why you decided to do it twice in a week baffles me ... hopefully now you learned your lesson on the appropriate place to lock up your push bike.

Comment

• "man I don't even know what i want hee hee"

THEN WHY THE HECK DID YOU COME HERE. WHAT MADE YOU WANT TO GO TO THIS ESTABLISHMENT.

Comment

• How do some of you even get out of bed without an illustrated list of steps and detailed instructional video?

If you did need the aids, you know what to do here. Just watch and listen. Don't call me over just to demand I do for you the same thing the register is telling you to do.
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• We carry over 40,000 items. Most of which I have not seen in person. If you have a question about an item that is not in the scant information provided for me, the only way to find out is to put in a product information request. It can take up to 3 business days for them to get back to you. No, I cannot tell them to put a rush on it. No, we cannot just run down to the warehouse and check. Now do you want me to put in the request or not?

Comment

• My suckage for today: Hey, grown woman. No bare feet! Would it have been so hard to grab some flip-flops or something?

Quoth wolfie View Post
                          Clearly the people who get shunted aside so the ignoramus can be served need to start complaining.
                          Yes, exactly. I do what I can, but the bottom line is that if someone complains that they got "skipped," and I don't help them, a manager will come and help them anyway. So I help them but make sure to state that their number WAS called. They get cat-butt face that I dare to say it loud enough that other customers can hear, but too bad.

Comment

• "It's not my fault I missed the deadline!"

Uh, well, I can assure you it's not MY fault either, or the company's fault. Who does that leave, genius?
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                              How do some of you even get out of bed without an illustrated list of steps and detailed instructional video?

If you did need the aids, you know what to do here. Just watch and listen. Don't call me over just to demand I do for you the same thing the register is telling you to do.
                              My colleagues and I often joke how amazed we are that some of our customers manage to find their way out of the house, they're so clueless about where they need to go...
                              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

My suckage for today: Hey, grown woman. No bare feet! Would it have been so hard to grab some flip-flops or something?

I always say if people saw the way we "clean" our floors, nobody would ever want to walk barefoot on them, and they'd probably think twice before walking on them in flip flops.

If glass is broken, the big pieces will get swept up but the tiny little shards will probably be left behind. Nails and splinters from pallets won't be swept up until the next day. If somebody pukes or poops on the floor, most of it will be cleaned up but I can't guarantee all of it will. Do you really want that stuff in or on your feet?
                                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                                X