Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know who your friend is, but he was most certainly WRONG when he told you that "the newspaper doesn't come out on Tuesdays anymore."

I mean, seriously??! WTF?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• I'm sorry I don't think your project will work the way you described. I didn't say it wouldn't for sure, just I described some possible flaws. If you're so positive it will work, why did you ask me in the first place? I wasn't cutting fabric for you, I didn't ASK about your project, you came to ME. So by all means go try it. Maybe I'm wrong. I just want you to stop staring at me when I don't give the response you want. But you just want attention, which is why you're pestering me in the first place.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• No, I don't know why your card was declined (but I can hazard a guess). Okay, you say you have 'plenty of money on'...if you did it wouldn't be declining then would it? How many times did you try it with a PIN? Four? Call the bank/DTA. The card is locked and you need to call them. No, I can't 'just give you the food and charge the card later'.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• No, I don't know your PIN. No, I can't look it up. Yes, I'm sure that data is stored somewhere, but we don't have access to it. No, our manager doesn't either.

Yes, I'm sure that you need to be able to get food for your children. That's why I gave you that helpful list of instructions so you can call and reset your PIN. You can use that phone right over there.

No, I won't do it for you. Actually, I can't do it for you, it would cost me my job. No, my supervisor won't do it for you either. Nobody who works here will do it for you, you have to do it yourself. No, they won't do it for you at a different office.

I have this conversation at least once a week, sometimes every day.

Comment

• I don't know why your card declined. You might say that there's money there, but I have no way of checking. You will have to go to the bank and find out. No, I will not ring up your bank and ask them; it's your account and they wouldn't tell me, anyway, cuz it's your account.
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

• You want more "clerks" on the salesfloor? Then buy more stuff.

You're going to Walmart, you say, because they have more clerks? Well, toodles then. They have more clerks because they sell more stuff.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                You want more "clerks" on the salesfloor? Then buy more stuff.

You're going to Walmart, you say, because they have more clerks? Well, toodles then. They have more clerks because they sell more stuff.
                Not that many more, at leas at the one nearest me. I've lost count of how many times I've went in, saw the 20 or less closed down and only 5 or 6 registers open (try Wednesday before last, two days before Swowmaggedon hit us) and lines so long you could barely squeeze your cart through the front aisle just to get to the other end of the store.

IOW, the customer is welcome to shoot themself in either the left or right foot. It's no difference to us.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• What makes you think you can bring your own food to a restaurant? You're taking up space our paying guests could be using.
                  Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

• To the guy from Saturday - I couldn't tell if you were joking, or if you were referring to something you were looking at on the computer, but if neither is the case.......I did NOT bump your computer chair with the book cart on purpose. The said carts can be hard to push, and when other customers won't/don't get out of the way, I have to go through the computer area to get back to the staff room.

Comment

• Why are you angry that we called the police on you after you drove off without paying? I'm glad that it made you feel like a criminal, cuz that's what you are due to stealing fuel being against the law. I don't care that you felt embarrassed cuz you had to come here, eat humble pie and pay up. Next time, you're welcome to take the second option and be arrested for theft, tho I think that would be more embarrassing.
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

• Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                        Why are you angry that we called the police on you after you drove off without paying? I'm glad that it made you feel like a criminal, cuz that's what you are due to stealing fuel being against the law. I don't care that you felt embarrassed cuz you had to come here, eat humble pie and pay up. Next time, you're welcome to take the second option and be arrested for theft, tho I think that would be more embarrassing.
                        had many of those when I worked at the gas station ---- JUST PAY for your gas STUPID and things like this will NOT happen.

But the funniest one comes from my pizza place. customer placed a carryout order near close. We inform them they need to be there ASAP as we are closing VERY soon. Time comes and goes and no one shows up and the MOD cancels the order and we get our closing work done.

About 30 - 35 minutes past close we are almost done and someone starts POUNDING and SLAMMING on our driver/employee door in the back (had a keypad lock only). We look out the small window and some guy is really trying to get in the driver door. He them comes around and starts pounding on our drive thru window. The MOD immediately calls the cops because this could be a real robbery attempt.

Cops arrive and question the guy. He get a little stupid and the handcuff him and place him in the patrol car. Turns out this is our carryout customer (who turns out to be a little touched in the head).

Cue his Mother calling the next day and yelling at us for "embarrassing and humiliating her son by calling the cops on him."
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

• Good call on setting a PIN on that display tablet you used to take a picture of your raised middle finger, which you then set as the screensaver. You are smarter than the average jackass prankster.

There is a chance this was a co-worker doing this, but I can't prove anything.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Individually these aren't sucky, but put together it certainly made you high maintenance!

In the course of your visit, not one, not two, but three employees had to help you. Why? You had a list of things for a class and basically wandered around until you found someone to show you each item. Again... That's okay, to a certain extent. You kept asking for "nine by twelve inch doll needles." When I got you to show me the supply list, and it was of course nine to twelve inch needles. When I said that you immediately reply, "yeah, nine by twelve." Again.... Brain burp, FINE. I got called back twice by different employees because you just couldn't function without heavy assistance, and much MUCH assurances. *sigh*

We don't mind helping, but we just don't have the staff to be "full service." Meaning, you can't just hand us a list and expect us to go fetch it all. Unless you're 90 and have a painstakingly handwritten list from your housebound wife. Then you get a pass.
                            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Don't give me your reusable bags all wadded up in a tangle, then stand and stare when I have to 'waste time' sorting the bags out. YOU gave them to me like that. If you decide to criticize my bagging skills, I'll leave you to it (and laugh my ass off when you put eggs in with a melon or anything heavy).
                              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                                If you decide to criticize my bagging skills, I'll leave you to it (and laugh my ass off when you put eggs in with a melon or anything heavy).
                                Especially if they put the eggs on top of something heavy (to avoid crushing them) in one of their re-used bags, and the combination of weight and weakness rips the bottom out of the bag while they're carrying it, dumping its contents on the ground.
                                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X