Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To that one trucker who bitched up a storm about paying a HUGE lumper fee...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Bramble View Post
    TBH, as a former trucker myself, lumper fees do suck for the driver to have to deal with. My company paid for it but we'd have to go get a comcheck from them, go back out to the truck and message dispatch to get authorization. Then we'd have to fill out out the comcheck with a number they would eventually(waited an hour several times) send us, go back inside and get more info from the lumpers, then go back outside and send THAT in. In the meantime you're sitting there getting antsy watching your time tick away waiting for the check to go through so they will unload you. All of this to pay the receiver to take their own freight. That was the part I hated the most -.- The driver in your case, however, should not have taken his frusterations out on you. That is unacceptable, unprofessional, and is the main reason why people don't always look highly on truckers.
    That's a bit different than the way things are done (for me), if a trucker has to pay he/she does so *after* the freight is unloaded and broken down according to the ti hi sheets.

and as far as the lumper side of things, we don't really like having to go through all that bullshit either. it inconveniences us just as much as it does the truckers.

as far as the driver being a dick, yeah i understand you have places to do, you get paid per mile and all that jazz, shit if i wasn't unloading your damn truck i wasn't getting paid any money either, but you didn't need to be a prick (he actually did not change my opinion on truckers at all, jesus christ you drive those FUCKING HUGE TRUCKS all day long, that's enough to get my respect. you guys are the reason i can buy beer at the end of a shift! lol)
    Last edited by pzychobitch; 10-14-2015, 05:38 PM.
    If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Working...
    X