This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now I've heard everything.

I was manning SCO as usual yesterday (busy as hell with one SCO effectively down completely and two only taking cards)and got a doozy. A scrawny homeboy in camo pants rolls up to the last register.

First thing out of his mouth was an f-bomb and "Should be one register just for veterans"* (this guy's 'veteran' status was doubtful, looked like one of the gangbangers from the projects two neighborhoods over). The woman in front of him was a bit too slow bagging her groceries so he yells at her and drops another f-bomb about "hurry up". Proceeds to start scanning his crap and tells a few people that I'm "useless" because I'm not falling over myself to help him (because I was dealing with a screwed-up machine that Shithead wouldn't let me close down even though it was hosed). P was watching this and had her phone out in case anything happened; luckily nothing did.

Bit of a shame, I was secretly hoping he would do something to get his ass turfed and then try to claim discrimination against veterans...

Nice regular customer on the end of his tirade (after he had pimp-walked out): "Well, that was uncalled for. I don't think he's actually a veteran."
    Cool family friend who was also watching this: "Of the gang wars in [infamous project], maybe. Not really a protected class by any means." He's a personal trainer and probably would have gone nuclear on homeboy's butt had he done anything or even looked at me sideways. I probably could have thrown the kid halfway across the front end if I wanted to.

* Mom suggested that if this guy comes in again and says something about a checkout lane for veterans, I should act like it's a wonderful idea and point him to Shithead
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Wait until a short tempered actual veteran gets in line. Mr Fbomb Ganger would learn a thing or two about real attitude. Many of the vets I know don't take kindly to having their class slandered by ijits.
    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
      Wait until a short tempered actual veteran gets in line. Mr Fbomb Ganger would learn a thing or two about real attitude. Many of the vets I know don't take kindly to having their class slandered by ijits.
      Don't cross Corporal Punishment.
      This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
        Don't cross Corporal Punishment.
        Yeah, he'll introduce you to his CO, Major Damage.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
          Yeah, he'll introduce you to his CO, Major Damage.
          He might send him to General Hospital.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
            He might send him to General Hospital.

Will they inspect his privates?

Comment

Now, now, there's no need to get petty, officer.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

If he gets out of line you can take him to court, Marshall.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

The HUAC wants to ask about his left-tenets...
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

He better watch out for all the seamen.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
                      Many of the vets I know don't take kindly to having their class slandered by ijits.
                      I was waiting for a few of the vets in town to come in right then. One of my former CWs is a veteran, and he was very quick to jump on anyone who even tried to mess with me...even after he quit, a few SCs stayed civil (he was a big guy but had a talent for showing up out of nowhere, a few instances of 250+ pounds of scary guy silently at your shoulder and they wouldn't know when he would show up).
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Fabulous suggestion at the end of your story. Do it.

Comment

Working...
                        X