This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, YOU lie

Had another winner last night. The guy and his wife catch me in the aisle as I'm sprinting back to SCO after a price check. He steps out and literally blocks my path rather than saying "excuse me" like a normal person.

"This two for dollar?" He's pointing to the Goya cookies. I say "yes, the cookies are two for a dollar" and hurry back.

Later, he's at SCO with a bunch of stuff including no cookies and two big cans of coconut water. I have an idea what's about to transpire...

Rings up one can, $1.39. Scans the other, holds it and stares at me. Does this a few times so that the machine locks up and needs an attendant (smacks of some sort of power play). I go over and he gets in my face. "Two for dollar! You say two for dollar!"
    Me: "No, I said the COOKIES are two for a dollar. That is one-thirty-nine and is not on sale."
    SC: "Two for dollar."
    Me: "No."
    SC: "Yes." *intense stare, trying to get me to submit. Wife is standing silently next to him glaring at me also*
    Me: "No. As I told you, the cookies are two for a dollar. These are a dollar thirty-nine and are not on sale."
    SC: "You LIE!"
    *okay, that's IT, I'm done with this fool*
    SC continues: "LIAR! YOU LIE!"
    Me: *I think I snarled at him, not sure--at any rate, something caused him to pause* "Do NOT call me a liar. This is one thirty-nine. I am taking the water back and I'm done with you, you do not speak to me that way."
    SC: "You lie!"
    Me: "Explain it to my manager. I am DONE, do not speak to me."
    I have to get away from him before I do or say something that gets me in trouble. I see Lead J 10 feet away so I call him over...guy speeds through the rest of his transaction and leaves. Sidenote: SC and J are the same ethnicity. He probably would have gotten it over on a white manager, but not J.

J: "What the hell was his problem?"
    Me: "He wanted the coconut water for fifty cents and thought because he asked me about the cookies he could get anything on the shelf for that price. Or something. He started calling me a liar and I was just done with him."
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor
Working...
X