• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
    That makes you worse!

That too...

Comment

My first thought: SQUEE! Lupo went shopping!

My second thought: Seriously, Lupo, we have GOT to make a reality show staring you. 'Lupo goes shopping'. We'd make a fortune! It's a can't miss deal!

And if we can't have that, we'll just stick with SQUEE! Lupo went shopping and told us all about it!

Comment

Quoth Indica View Post
        My first thought: SQUEE! Lupo went shopping!

My second thought: Seriously, Lupo, we have GOT to make a reality show staring you. 'Lupo goes shopping'. We'd make a fortune! It's a can't miss deal!

And if we can't have that, we'll just stick with SQUEE! Lupo went shopping and told us all about it!
        See your up there with HFP and myself...

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
          Bonus story: Bus Stop Bumfuckery
          I actually like how you handled this situation. Sadly there are some people who genuinely need money for food, and there are others who lie about it, making it hard for the first group to be believed.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

No romance this shopexperdition, though.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

i've never seen a target with a grocery section lol

when i go into other stores i do look at other people, people watching. but never encounter anything...ever lol

except screaming kids.

like the one the other day in Target...crying, screaming. i could hear him across the store! and Targets big! why drag your kid throughout the store when theyre acting like that?

Comment

Quoth sarasquirrel View Post
                i've never seen a target with a grocery section lol
                They're slowly updating all the stores to have at least a small grocery/fresh food section.

I know in the south there are super targets, but the ones close by here are all "Pfresh" stores.

Comment

Quoth malmalthekiller View Post
                  They're slowly updating all the stores to have at least a small grocery/fresh food section.

I know in the south there are super targets, but the ones close by here are all "Pfresh" stores.
                  ive heard of walmarts like that, but havent been in one of those types either.

idk...buying clothes and groceries all at once is quite a transaction lol

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                    <SIGH>
                    SC: And what are YOU looking at?!?!
                    Me: The results of the No Child Left Behind Act...
                    This is the funniest thing I've read all week.

I'll never understand price matching. If Store A is selling something $2.00 cheaper than Store B, why try to make Store A sell it for that price? If Kroger has the beef cheaper, than buy your beef at Kroger if you want to pay the lower price.
                    There is no problem we cannot ignore, confront, plot against, drown in chocolate sauce, or run over with the car- Christopher Elliot

Comment

Quoth Mr. Anubite View Post
                      This is the funniest thing I've read all week.

I'll never understand price matching. If Store A is selling something $2.00 cheaper than Store B, why try to make Store A sell it for that price? If Kroger has the beef cheaper, than buy your beef at Kroger if you want to pay the lower price.
                      I like the price matching that Walmart does, see in my city there are three main companies that have the grocery market, those being Safeway who has two stores, Nash Finch who has four stores and one that is in the Valley that is privately owned and of course Walmart. I like to shop at Walmart the most because all the other stores are spread out and basically I can get everything I need at Wally's. That being said, the other stores do have sales that can make for cheaper groceries but I don't have all day to stop at each one and buy a couple of this or that of the sale items, so instead I just go to Walmart and show them a copy of the ad and get the item for the same price as if I would stop at the other stores. It is cheaper than wasting all the gas and my time. I have most of the prices at Walmart memorized, so when I look online for the ads at the other stores, I know if I am getting a good deal or not.

Comment

Quoth sarasquirrel View Post
                        ive heard of walmarts like that, but havent been in one of those types either.

idk...buying clothes and groceries all at once is quite a transaction lol
                        You've never been in one of the Supercenters?
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Me: <Standing, since my bus is pulling to the curb> No, sir, but generally when engaging in a battle of wits, I try really hard not to fight the unarmed.
                          Has to be the best line I've used. The look on the other persons face.. it's like you slapped them with a fish.. Oh wait..

Comment

Wish I could take credit for the wits comment, but I've heard it and variations of it used by my friends and family and adopted it as my own.

and no, dalesys, NO would be wooers, thank the sweet bogs!! If you've jinxed me again... <grumble grumble>

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
                            Yes, Lupo's posts are so famous that my husband texts me about it while I'm still at work.

I'm sorry Lupo..I tried..I guess they all migrated to you again. All I got was the honking old lady.
                            ..really!?! I'm...not sure whether to be flattered or horribly depressed and sad about that, to tell the truth.

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                            I actually like how you handled this situation. Sadly there are some people who genuinely need money for food, and there are others who lie about it, making it hard for the first group to be believed.
                            That's my usual way with dealing with people asking for money for food. I almost always carry extra snacks around with me, for various reasons. Sadly, I can count on one hand the people who have taken me up on my offer and been extremely grateful for it. I refuse to offer to buy food anymore now, though, not since watching someone pitch a world class fit at another good samaritan. This guy asked a patron at a local McD's if he could spare some change so he could get a breakfast sandwich. Guy tries to be nice and agrees, looking to get him a sausage biscuit, or something off the dollar menu. The beggar then starts screaming that he didn't want no cheap ass sausage biscuit, he wanted a different sandwich, I think it was the most expensive on the menu, just can't remember what it is. Sad thing is, he got his sandwich, I'd have refused at that point.

He then approaches me while I'm finishing my yogurt parfait and asks if I'm willing to help someone down on his luck with a cup of coffee. I told him, sure, but it wouldn't be him, because anyone truly down on their luck should know better than to rage at people trying to help him, plus I make it a habit not to help ungrateful amoebas. He called me a lot of not nice names, and I cheerfully called him a few back as I left.
                            Last edited by lupo pazzesco; 07-17-2010, 08:40 PM.

Comment

You know, I hadn't even finished reading the first item when I thought 'that sounds like Lupo'. Flicked up & yep, Lupo. You really need to move. Or change your perfume. Or something.
                              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth jnd4rusty View Post
                                I like the price matching that Walmart does, <snip>.
                                Ah. Thanks for clearing that up.
                                There is no problem we cannot ignore, confront, plot against, drown in chocolate sauce, or run over with the car- Christopher Elliot

Comment

Working...
                                X