This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impatient Beyotch At The Gas Station

Maybe I'm partial because this used to drive me beyond insane when I worked at a gas station.

I stopped at Kwik Trip yesterday morning to get smokey treats. I stopped at Kwik Trip, which is a huge Northwest Wisconsin thing, not sure if they are anywhere else, but they are everywhere here. They've built two in the past two years, one was an older one that got torn down to make a bigger one. They even have basic groceries and fruits/veggies/eggs/etc and take and bake pizzas, make your own milkshakes, etc.

It wasn't busy but it wasn't dead. Usually there are two registers open, sometimes even three during the day. There was only one open, which lead me to believe there must have been a delivery or stocking going on.

Anyway, the poor teenaged clerk was trying to send a check through, and his customer was waiting patiently. Sure, checks are a pain, but what can you do, right?

Anyway, this stupid older bitch who walked in around the time I did had grabbed a newspaper and wiggled her way up and budged past me and the guy behind me (I had originally been the first behind the woman paying with the check) and she kept trying to wave a dollar bill at the clerk.

This used to raise my blood pressure quicker than covering your nipples in nicotine patches. I HATED when people would skip the line because they had an even amount of gas or were just picking up a paper and would budge past EVERYONE and try to wiggle their money in front of my face. Some people even got so mad they'd just throw it at me and leave, and other times I'd just find random tens or fives or twenties laying by my till because in a mad rush or between me ignoring them, they'd get so mad they'd leave. In my opinion, people in that big of a hurry shouldn't go to a busy store if they don't have time to pay, or get a freaking subscription to the paper, since it's CHEAPER than paying a dollar every day (and $1.75 on Sunday).

The clerk, with all the patience he could muster, said "Ma'ame, I'm sorry but I have to scan that paper, I can't just take your dollar..."

That bitch was one of those people who really needs to just get a subscription.

Now, at the gas station I worked at, we didn't have to scan the barcodes, because we ordered the same amount of papers every day because we were a small mom and pop store and if we ran out, too bad, if we had extra, we'd get credit for them. Kwik Trips and other bigger gas stations scan them so they know how many to order, I assume.

I felt so bad for that poor teen clerk.

The bitch clucked like a chicken "Well FINE FORGET IT!" and dropped the paper right on the counter and walked out.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Quoth blas View Post

I stopped at Kwik Trip yesterday morning to get smokey treats. I stopped at Kwik Trip, which is a huge Northwest Wisconsin thing, not sure if they are anywhere else, but they are everywhere here.
    They're everywhere on the other side of Wisconsin too.

My fair () city has five or six of 'em.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

i'm pretty sure no one at the store cared
      that they lost a dollar sale
      to an entitlement whore

not when there were other customers in line who were spending more

Comment

Its probably better that she walked out.

Hopefully, she never comes back.

And Im sorry, nicotine patch....PASTIES??? WHY?! Is this what you do on weekends? LMAO.

Comment

We have those in Iowa too

Comment

I don't venture out of this part of the state much, but I've seen them in Wausau and down by LaCrosse, and up as far north as where I used to live. Wasn't sure if they were state-wide or in any other states.

Errr nicotine pasties....blame the sickos I work with.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure a loss of a dollar isn't anything, but I felt for the clerk because I used to be him once. He seemed to handle it extremely well, so good on him.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              i'm pretty sure no one at the store cared
              that they lost a dollar sale
              to an entitlement whore
              lost a dollar sale
              to an entitlement whore
              nobody cared

It was so close to haiku that I had to do it.
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                Hopefully, she never comes back.
                After reading that, the following song came to mind. I didn't have to rewrite too much of the original.

The SC Came Back

Old Mr. Johnson had a store of his own.
                He had an SC that just wouldn't leave him alone.
                He tried and he tried to chase the SC away.
                He put him on a bus going far, far away...

But the SC came back the very next day.
                Yes, the SC came back. They thought he was gone,
                But the SC came back. He just wouldn't stay away.

He kicked the SC out on a sour note.
                He told the SC to go up river on a boat.
                The boat turned over and was never found,
                And now they drag the river for those who drowned...

The man around the corner said he'd shoot the SC on sight.
                He loaded up his shotgun full of nails and dynamite.
                He waited... and he waited... 'till the SC came walking round
                And ninety-nine pieces of the man was all they found...

The H-bomb fell the very next day.
                The A-bomb fell in the very same way.
                Russia went! England went! And then the USA.
                The entire human race was left without a chance to pray...

"I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth hawkchick11 View Post
                  We have those in Iowa too
                  Hey, hey! Another Iowa chick here! **waves** I also work at a c-store (which starts with C, and you being an Iowan will know which I mean) and I HATE line-skippers. I had two right in a row tonight, while I was being all patient with this really sweet older gentleman. Gah! You wouldn't be in such a hurry if you'd leave earlier or something!
                  "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

That place sounds bigger than Wawa... I'll be sad when we move west, I won't have Wawa to go to anymore I love getting breakfast there, it lasts me until about lunch ~

That lady reminds me of so many customers that can't even wait for me to give someone their CHANGE and "OMGMYSTUFF'SONTHECOUNTERPAYATTENTIONTOMEANDRINGME UP!" (Sorry for the caps, there, folks, and the run-on word, but that's what it seems they're doing to me) Geeze, people, chill and back OFF, don't make me bust out the red paint tape to put on the floor for you to stand behind until I CALL you to my register!
                    Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

I used to get that with the newspaper people, too. We didn't have to scan them, and for the most part I didn't mind if they just came up to the side and gave me exact change...as long as they made sure I acknowledged them and showed me the paper so I knew they were giving me the right amount. The ones who just tossed me 50 cents without even making eye contact and walked off were the ones that I wanted to smack.

Then towards the end of my tenure at Store1 they changed the rules and we had to scan them (they took away our newspaper button and everything). Of course, the good customers were OK with it; the ones who annoyed me in the first place got annoyed. Then I went to Store2 where we didn't carry newspapers and I was finally happy.

Then there was the morning we came in at 7am (two hours before opening), and found two quarters sitting on top of the newspaper bundle. Problem with that is that the papers weren't in separate bundles by title, and sometimes there would even be broken up within or between bundles. We had to log in the quantities of each title. Grr. (We were able to figure out which one it most likely was, so we logged an extra copy, since the one major local paper is the only one that did usually come in its own bundle, and that was the one that appeared to be missing one (the straps weren't as tight as they should have been, and it was the one with the money sitting on it).) I suppose we should be glad they paid for it at all.
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

And I know they have them in IIRC southeastern Kansas, or at least Wichita, dammit, now I want some cherry limeaid.

Comment

You know what we need here in Cheeselandialand? Kum N' Go.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                            lost a dollar sale
                            to an entitlement whore
                            nobody cared

It was so close to haiku that I had to do it.
                            I had been thinking, that's practically poetry - and then you went and finished the job
                            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                              After reading that, the following song came to mind. I didn't have to rewrite too much of the original.

The SC Came Back
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEpPnTf_XGg

I AM the evil bastard!
                              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                              X