This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liquor store D-bag *Language*

I was in a liquor store a few days ago and observed this gem of a human being. Apparently he was told his two pieces of ID were`nt good enough by the other clerk and proceeded to throw a tantrum.

SC: *holding up his ID* "I have a drivers license and my bank card"

Clerk: "I`m sorry you need blah blah type of ID"

SC: "What a fucking joke, I`m 25 years old"

Clerk: "If your going to swear at me then leave the store sir"

SC: "Go fuck yourself you fucking chump, have fun making mininum wage" *storms out of the store*

Other clerk: "I don`t think he realizes this is a government liquor store, and we make about 3 times mininum wage"

As I was leaving I saw the jackass get into his souped up BMW (Of course), and drive off. If your maturity level was what determined your age this guy would be about 9 years too young to buy booze.

Nto excusing this guy's sucky reaction, but I have to wonder why a driver's license wasn't good enough. I'm sure there was a good reason; it was probably expired or something.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

BC requires 2 pieces of ID for liquor sale. Depending on the bank card it may not be valid for ID. To be allowed it must have an imprint of your name and your signature, and they must match the photo ID. When in doubt BC's liquor laws say play it safe and refuse the sale.
      But of course, being denied a sale is never a valid reason to act like a douche.

Comment

Quoth evilviolentj View Post
        BC requires 2 pieces of ID for liquor sale.
        I'd say that this itself should be a point of major suckage... I am already wary of needing ONE Id (but then again, I grew up in a country where buying alcohol was at the time allowed to anybody - one that has a VERY low incidence of alcohol-related problems)... but why two? Seems to me just a way to piss off as many people you can.
        FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Our liquor laws are very draconian, but thats not the fault of the clerk. Although they are terribly overpaid, which is one reason why our booze costs double that of say Alberta. Or most places in the US for that matter. Obviously a clerks not going to take your word for it if it could cost him his job.

Comment

A government run store I can understand needing more than one piece of ID.... I just don't know how many pieces of ID a persona generally carries (I carry 1, my driver's license. Dunno how the bankcard is supposed to count as ID).
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
              I just don't know how many pieces of ID a persona generally carries (I carry 1, my driver's license. Dunno how the bankcard is supposed to count as ID).
              Some bank cards have the persons photo on them now. It has a photo, full name, and an expiration date so I'd call that good. If you're going to buy liquor, generally you know you're going to before hand, bring the 2nd form. Or just simply carry a second form if those are the liquor laws. Theres absolutely ZERO a clerk can do about it, let alone a government employed clerk.

I didn't even know government liquor stores existed before yesterday.

According to some canadian site you need

* An official government issued ID (including official foreign government-issued IDs) with your name, signature, picture and birth date, such as a driver’s licence or passport.
              * A secondary piece of ID that includes an imprint of your name and your signature or picture, such as a credit card.

I don't know why a bank card wouldn't be valid, but apparently its not. Tough shit.
              Last edited by Whiskey; 08-03-2010, 02:44 AM.
              Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Working...
              X