X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk about cutting off your nose...

...to spite your face!

I was on the train yesterday going to a friends house. My friend had been looking after my pet rabbit while I was away, and I was going to collect him. The conductor was walking along the train, checking the tickets, when a man waved him over. The man was sat with his wife and child.

SC: Someone is sat in our seats and they will not move.
    C: OK sir, can I just check your ticket.
    SC: Here. We paid for a table and someone has taken it. We are really not happy.

C examines the ticket.

C: Oh...sir, these tickets are for the later train.
    SC: Well, I know that! We decided to get an earlier train instead!
    C: Well sir, the people sat in your seats have paid for them for this journey, so they haven't actually done anything wrong.
    SC: What?! But we paid for table seats!
    C: Yes sir, but you paid for them on the later train.
    SC: Well what am I supposed to do?
    C: Well sir, you can either stay in these seats for the rest of the journey...

There was nothing wrong with the seats by the way, they just didn't have a table.

C: ...or you can get off at the next stop and wait 2 hours for the later train to arrive.
    SC: Fine! We'll do that!
    Wife: Oh honey, no, its OK...
    SC: No. We booked a table, and that's what we're going to get.
    Kid: Daaaaaaaad, I don't want to get off. I want to go home...
    SC: Well you can blame the horrible people on the train for that.

The conductor started shaking his head and carried on checking tickets.

The three of them actually got off at the next stop.

wow what a prick

Comment

They found their own solution that worked for everyone!
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
        C: Well sir, you can either stay in these seats for the rest of the journey...
        ...I thought that, having they booked seats on the following train, their tickets would NOT be valid on the previous one, actually.
        FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Their tickets for travel from point A to point B is valid for all trains going their way at the date on the ticket (perhaps with an extra fee for extra fast trains). Their reservations will only be valid in the train they have reserved.

Did they really think that the seats they reserved would be empty in all the trains before?

Comment

Wow, what a bad dad (and husband).

Even if he wanted a table, he should have sucked it up. If I was the wife, I'd have stayed on the train when he went to get off.
            "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Comment

Quoth TheRabbi View Post
              Even if he wanted a table, he should have sucked it up. If I was the wife, I'd have stayed on the train when he went to get off.
              Ditto. Were that my husband, I would've told him to enjoy his 2-hour wait without the child and me.
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                Ditto. Were that my husband, I would've told him to enjoy his 2-hour wait without the child and me.
                Someone who reacts like that to the conductor, and start lying like that, might not be a person that you do something like that with.

Comment

Working...
                X