X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does she LOOK like an oil refinery?

Egads, the Mobil station again.....

Stopped in there on my dinner break because I only wanted a small snack. It would seem that moments before I pulled in, the gasoline levels in the Regular tank fell below a cutoff level at which the pumps automatically stop. Presumably to keep out sediment and/or to keep the pumps from sucking air.

Naturally, this caused something of a shit storm and the hapless clerks were getting flustered as hell.

I was standing in line behind a woman who had apparently prepaid $20 using her credit card (why she did this instead of just swiping it at the pump is a bit a of mystery to me. Perhaps she was close to her limit?). $0.06 into pumping the pumps shut off. From what I gathered, it was necessary to void out the original $20, then recharge her card for the $0.06 she pumped.

And this woman did NOT get it. At all.

Like a broken record she kept asking about the original $20 and "how do i know my card hasn't been charged. The two clerks (one of whom was Clerk 2 from the other day) explained it six ways from Sunday and she STILL didn't understand that the original transaction had been voided out and that she only ended up paying $0.06. Even showing the woman the post-void slip did not help.

Then she started arguing that she should get to keep the post-void paperwork "just in case" despite being told numerous times that said paperwork need to be kept by the store so they'd have a record of the transaction.

And int he meantime, she's taking the attention of both clerks, so my break time was rapidly disappearing, the line behind me was growing, people were coming inside to complain that the pumps weren't working, AND there was a guy who had been doing maintenance in the car wash trying to get their attention as well.

After what seemed like forever, the manager came out (he was still on the phone, presumably screaming for a fuel delivery) and Clerk 2 was able to get back on her register and start ringing people out.

Then Clerk 2 suddenly looked out the window and started shouting at some guy who was doing his complaining about the gas situation by trying to yell THROUGH THE WINDOW.

Clerk 2: You can come inside and talk to me like a human being!!!

That particular D-bag didn't come in. He just drove off.

THEN someone who had succeeded in getting gas before the pumps shut off was bitching about not getting a receipt - bypassing the line in the process.

Clerk 2: It will print out the receipt when you hang up the nozzle.

SC: But it didn't!

Clerk 2 *pointing at SC's car* Sir, you haven't hung up the nozzle yet.

SC *looks*: Oh..... *goes outside without apologizing*

I really felt bad for these guys. Both clerks and the manager were getting quite frazzled from so many problems being dumped on them at once.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
    I was standing in line behind a woman who had apparently prepaid $20 using her credit card (why she did this instead of just swiping it at the pump is a bit a of mystery to me. Perhaps she was close to her limit?).
    Possible answer: Skimmers I never swipe anymore after losing almost a thousand dollars thanks to one.

--Dave

Comment

Wow. At my station we have a system set up so that at any given time our sensors on our tanks will send out an alert/text message to our gas delivery guys that says that we're getting low and we'll need a delivery. That way we never have to go check and we never have to call.

This was made because one day at one of our stores the alarm was going off but you can't hear it up at the registers. NO ONE TOLD US WE COULDN'T PUMP GAS. LITERALLY NO ONE. They would just attempt and then leave, attempt and then leave. No one came in to tell us we were out.

...unbelieveable.

Anyways, we don't have that problem anymore thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster...

Comment

Working...
      X