This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another dead body (gross)

Today, our Area Manager's lap dog (Other GM in city an hour away) came up to look over our figures. He had to leave early, though, because at his property they found a dead woman face down on a bed!

It gets better. Because this is the fifth dead body they've had this year!

One of them (I don't know which number) blew his brains out over the room. He called 911, told them he was going to kill himself, hung up, and then BANG! The hotel was so tight on money (Corporate's been squeezing everyone's budgets) that Other GM didn't want to pay for crime-scene cleaners (his bonus is partially dependent on a good P&L), so he scrubbed the room himself including the pieces of brain and other nasty body bits. I'm not sure that's even legal. I won't say which location it was, but it was in room 127 (ironically, that's "my room" here when I stay overnight as MOD).

Five dead bodies, and the year's not over yet....I'm oh so glad I don't work there!!!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

its a biohazard. The MOD doesnt have the appropriate... cleaners.. to clean up that type of mess appropriately.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

That IS a serious bio-hazard and a violation of the law. You cannot clean up that stuff with standard cleaners because human body fluids especially the kind released after death have numerous microbes and bacterias that are resistant to most household cleaners. Thank you "Sunshine Cleaning" for my education in the finer points of those clean ups.

Comment

Don't ask me how he's covering it up with Corporate. I mean, they should get a copy of the police report...how could they not notice a lack of corresponding cleaning expense? You can't tell me Corporate doesn't know. Methinks they're just trying to sweep it under the rug (possibly literally).

I'm not even supposed to know it happened, but things have a way of travelling along the grapevine.

Quoth searssoulslave
        That IS a serious bio-hazard and a violation of the law. You cannot clean up that stuff with standard cleaners because human body fluids especially the kind released after death have numerous microbes and bacterias that are resistant to most household cleaners. Thank you "Sunshine Cleaning" for my education in the finer points of those clean ups.
        Actually, we do have the special industrial-strength chemicals specifically for cleaning up bodily fluids. They're expensive, though, so who knows whether or not he used them or enough of them.
        And Sunshine Cleaners was a great movie.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Augh! Good grief! Would that manager get caught or possibly arrested for this sort of thing?!!
          Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 08-04-2010, 03:36 PM.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
            Don't ask me how he's covering it up with Corporate. I mean, they should get a copy of the police report...how could they not notice a lack of corresponding cleaning expense? You can't tell me Corporate doesn't know. Methinks they're just trying to sweep it under the rug (possibly literally).
            ummmmm..... maybe he did submit an 'expense'? A.K.A. a foney receipt

Comment

Sooo...I wonder if the hotel is just that depressing, or just has really bad luck!

Sometimes people just...latch onto a location and everybody starts using it! Like the golden gate bridge.
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

For years my aunt worked as head housekeeper for a motel, and long before it was common practice to call in professionals to clean it up whenever someone offed themselves in a room, she was the one who got called instead.

Her most memorable was a guy who had used a shotgun to pulverize his head. She managed to get it all taken care of, spending the entire day at the job. And at the end of this long, long, long day what did her coworker do, thinking she would surely be hungry?

She brought her a chili dog.

Yeah.
                Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Uh wha? You said you sleep in that room that guy shot himself in?!
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                    Uh wha? You said you sleep in that room that guy shot himself in?!
                    No. He shot himself at a different property. They just happen to be the same room numbers, but different locations.

Comment

I was going to say, I'd never sleep there again.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

It's not the dead that you have to worry about. The living ones are much scarier, and often not as bright either.
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                        X