X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"What am I supposed to do!? Not go shopping!?"

Aaaaand there it is. I heart America.

Comment

....Does he carry cases of antifreeze in his jeep? Have a friend run along side it every mile and fill it as he drives?
      "Hey Bubba want to catch a movie? I'll drive but you need to sit on the bumper and keep pouring till we get there."
      I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Most likely it wasn't *quite* that bad when he went in. As the engine started to cool down, something that was already weakened decided to break entirely...

Comment

Good grief. I guess me being brought up in a do it yourself family means when I see stuff break on my car, I don't just keep pouring fluids into the car, I do something about it.

My car was made pre overflow bladder, so when the cooling system gets hot, it dumps a bit on the ground. Difference is, it's a few drops, and out a specific drain hole, not pouring fluid.

This thread makes me cry for America, and all the poor, abused cars on the road. WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE AUTOMOBILES?!
          Coworker: Distro of choice?
          Me: Gentoo.
          Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

personally i think the guy owes you new clothes since his car pissed on yours and stained them
            but i am also thinking it'll be hard to get him to pay up

Comment

Some of you might remember me posting about the '87 Tempo I once owned. Those cars had a well-deserved reputation for crappy cooling systems. Mine was no different. Well, it was--several of the coolant hoses had been "repaired" with duct tape and apparently forgotten. But, on the first somewhat-warm day...and coincidentally, a year into having my license, the Tempo managed to kill itself.

That is, as I was driving home from the doctor's office, the damn car started to overheat in traffic Since I was in one of the more "interesting" areas of Pittsburgh (at the height of the 1990s gang wars!), I wasn't about to pull over and risk getting shot. Instead, I dropped all 4 windows, and turned the heater up as far as it would go. Doing so would take heat away from the engine.

I was able to get out of that neighborhood, across the river, and almost home. But, after about 2 miles, the car was clearly sick. As I'm trying to turn off the main road...the engine blew up There was a loud bang, a flash of light, and then lots of smoke and steam inside and outside the car. But, that wasn't the worst part. The car, already pretty fucked up, was destroyed about a minute or so later. As I'm trying to exit the stricken vehicle (and hopefully push the mess off the road)...some idiot in a Chevy Blazer hit it, and wrote it off. Even with my seatbelt on, I couldn't even grab the door handle before my face hit the steering wheel

It always amazes me some of the things that people do to their cars. Specifically, people who don't maintain them, and then complain when a $200 problem...becomes a $2,000 problem. My father was one of those people. He simply didn't believe in routine maintenance because it was "too expensive." That Tempo, like most of his cars, was a piece of shit because of it. All it really needed was a $25 top radiator hose. Instead, he got reamed out by my mother for my injuries, I seized the insurance money for the accident, and then forced him to buy me a newer car...since I'd need it when I left for college.
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I've been holding it in too long...

Re: the title...

At least it's a better situation than:

Parked-on by Pissed Car!

I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Is it wrong that the first thing that popped into my head was:

"Bumblebee, stop lubricating on the humans."
                  Last edited by lordlundar; 08-10-2010, 02:50 PM.
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Lord Lunar I have to agree, that does come to mind.

The other one is a clip I've seen. Dog is sniffing around the tyre of a specially rigged car and reaches the back tyre. Wheel angles up and a hose squirted the dog. Cars revenge!

Dalesys - You've been watching Robin Hood men in tights haven't you :P
                    "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                    Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                      personally i think the guy owes you new clothes since his car pissed on yours and stained them
                      but i am also thinking it'll be hard to get him to pay up
                      Oh, finding him will be easy.
                      Look for the man driving the fountain.
                      Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                      http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Working...
                      X