This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More MBTA Morons

There was track work on a bridge today, so inbound Red Line trains were only going to the stop just before, then turning around (ditto outbound--basically the line was running as usual, just skipping the bridge). Shuttle buses were covering the gap. There was copious signage belowground as well as announcements on all the platforms and trains.

If you guessed that nobody paid attention, you're right. Cue mass confusion when the driver announced "last stop, this train is now turning around. Shuttle buses are up the stairs to continue into Boston".

I darted off the train as soon as the doors opened and flattened myself against the wall to watch the fun. Among the people milling around like confused cattle, I could see some people arguing, then a man stormed off the train, grabbed a T worker and started yelling and gesturing wildly. After about 5 minutes (and a supervisor), he stormed off the platform and walked into a nonfunctional fare gate (which had a cone in front of it). His companion at least apologized to the employees, and seemed greatly amused by the fare gate incident.

While this was going on, a little boy alerted his parents to the fact that they had to disembark and catch the shuttle to go on. If an eight-year-old knows what 'last stop' means, how is it that 40-somethings don't?

A 'gangsta' almost got dragged into the track pit when the train reversed direction; not only was he standing on the yellow line but the dumbass was actually leaning against the car.

The weather was nice, so I decided to skip the shuttle and just walk across the bridge. I spotted a very confused woman standing on the (closed) platform of the station that's on the bridge...how did she get up there?
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

What you mean last stop applies to them??! No, can't be, must be for everybody else

I would have loved to see all this. I could use a good laugh.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I can top that, I have before seen people not get off the train at either Sandy Civic Center or Salt Lake Central... if you have guessed that at both of those the train is not only at the end of the line, but end of the track, then you'd be right... I halfway wonder whether or not people expect the train to just magically continue without having track.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Most of the stops underground here have 'loops' for a train to turn around on, so it's not uncommon to see people try to hide at the 'last stop' announcement hoping to get a free ride in the other direction...I'm sure they do get a free ride, just not where they wanted (that counts as fare evasion, which is a ticketable offense).

Comment

That would be kind of pointless on UTA, with the exception of Frontrunner (and even some Frontrunner tickets) all tickets are time based and not station based (basically, you can use the system as much as you like as long as you finish before the cutoff on the ticket... Frontrunner does have a only from station A to station B option because the time based tickets are so expensive, $10.50 for a day pass which is the only time period they offer, all other services are either a two hour or day pass for $2.25 and $5.50 respectively).
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

The paper tickets the MBTA has are time-based (I think), but the plastic cards are not (besides a delay before they can be used again; you can't tap it once, then hand it off to the person behind you).

Comment

Working...
            X