Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He chuckles "You make it sound interesting, I am starting to look forward to it. I have no idea what to expect, but sometimes life is more interesting that way. I look forward to examining all these objects you speak of."
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

"Lets see if I can remember them all.... Warehouse 1 was in Greece, sometime by alexander the great. Warehouse 2 was in Egypt, Warehouse 3 was in Italy, Warehouse 4 was created by the Huns, Warehouse 5 was in Byzantine, Warehouse 6 was in Cambodia, Warehouse 7 was in Mongolia, Warehouse 8 was in Germany, Warehouse 9 was in Turkey, Warehouse 10 was in India, Warehouse 11 was in Russia, Warehouse 12 was in Britain, Warehouse 13 was in America and currently is here, obviously. Theres a manual with all this information that I can let you read my copy at some point. They've been all over the world since before the burning of Alexandria, the great library the history books say exsist there? That was the warehouse."
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Ted thinks. "Well, all great civilizations have one thing in common..eventually they all fall. How do I know that these..warehouses did not have a hand in each civilizations fall?" he looks at her seriously.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

She just shrugs, "can't answer that honestly, but i do know that they fell because people wanted what was in those warehouses. OUrs is safer this time around I believe, but you probably won't believe me if i told you what its actually on the books as."
          It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

"Well your story is kind of wild enough, so what is one more thing? Try me."

Comment

she stands after paying the bill sucking on her chocolate and peanut butter milkshake, "an IRS tax audit storage building."

Comment

He laughs at that. "Well, that will ensure nobody will go into it. Nobody wants to mess with the IRS." He stands himself. "So what now?"

Comment

"we get a good night sleep, tomorrow I show you the warehouse and Artie, and depending on if hes got what I need we fly out."

Comment

"Sounds good." He realizes he has not quite made any reservations or such.."Provided there is a hotel open, have not quite booked a room yet."

Comment

"No worries, Leena's has rooms available for you. Cute little bed and breakfast about an hours drive from the warehouse."

As she drives Ted notices that while he flew into the middle of nowhere he seems to be going up into the blackhills, as evident when she turns off the paved road in the middle of a field and pulls up in front of a rather cute looking two story building. She grabs her back pack out of the trunk and helps him with his luggage, leading him inside.

"Looks like everyones gone to bed, or out at the warehouse. My room is at the top of the stairs second door on the left, I think Leena said yours is....ah, here. Bathroom is at the end of the hall, be warned there are only 2 bathrooms here and we all share them. I'll see you in the morning."

She opens the door to his room which is rather comfortably furnished with a queen sized bed, over stuffed chairs, a small dresser with a vanity, and tasteful paintings in the room, almost how he'd decorate his own room.

Comment

Surprisingly he has very little trouble sleeping, as excited as he is to start the day.

Comment

The next morning shes already in the small sitting room downstairs, finishing a cup of coffee, and the remains of breakfast on a plate beside her, a file folder laying open and a book propped up on a glass of juice near by, opened to a chapter on Ancient Mayan civilzation.

Comment

"Mayan huh? Once was at a dig site in Campeche. Wasn't much there though, apparently our intel was not correct." he joins her for breakfast, eager to start the day.

Comment

((sorry was at a movie when you posted :P))

She glances up, "sleep well? do you know you snore?"

she grins at him, then gestures to a swinging door near by, "breakfast is kinda your own thing around here. Hope you can cook, otherwise theres always the diner back where we had dinner."

"campeche eh? good theres an exhibit we're going to the opening of tonight in New Mexico, Artie thinks theres something there. someone is commiting ritual sacrifice and all are missing their hearts."

Comment

*laughs* "I am a confirmed bachelor, so I can fix a few things..if they are edible for anybody but me is debatable. Let me get some food in me, and then I will be ready for the day." Gets started on some food.

((I was otherwise distracted myself))

Comment

Working...
                                X