Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After warning them once, just say your goodbyes and hang up, AK. If they get ticked off, well, you warned them. "Hey, I'm at the checkout and wanna be polite. I'll call you back later, okay?" If they are off and running, just say, "Call you later, bye," with the click at the end.

I have to do that with a couple of friends and family members. It bites when they drag my mom into it by calling her right after I hang up on them. "I have no idea what's up with her. What don't you try calling her? Oh, you did and she hung up on you after a *cough*short time*cough*? Hmm.. Right, I think she was at the courthouse filling out a restraining order against you. Next time you call her, I suggest you don't babble at her for over an hour and then call her again five minutes after she hangs up on you!"

I love my mom. I was actually at the courthouse getting my taxes paid and accessed. They seriously have a "If you are on your phone, we won't serve you," sign on their counter. I could tell they were wrapping up paperwork and was about to motion me forward. So.. I hung up. And the call was only 30 minutes that time.
    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I've experienced that. It's..annoying. I have some patience about it (some folks cannot process what you actually mean straight off; I'm one of them), but...sometimes it feels like they don't care about you.

The only thing I can do is tell them that I'm going and just hang up because I'll never get off the phone otherwise.
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Even if the chances of your phone creating a spark is low enough to be almost nil, you do not fuck around anywhere near petrol stations.

I mean hell if I'm walking somewhere and smoking, and I'm coming up to a petrol station, I will move as far as it is physically possible for me to move away from the petrol station.
        I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
          Even if the chances of your phone creating a spark is low enough to be almost nil, you do not fuck around anywhere near petrol stations.

I mean hell if I'm walking somewhere and smoking, and I'm coming up to a petrol station, I will move as far as it is physically possible for me to move away from the petrol station.
          Exactly. Sure, the risk might be small, but do you really want to take the chance of being the one to beat the odds? O_o
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
          X