This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A mix of what I have to go thru

Dumb Guy: Why do I have to take my luggage out, put it into a cart and take it to my room? It's too much!
    Me: Sorry but that's what everyone else has to do.
    DG: It's inconvenient.

Sorry that we don't have bellhops. If you'd read our website you'd see that.

------

Dumb Group of Girls: Where's the jacuzzi
    Me: Over there.
    DGOG: Ok thxbai

They get in it and start twerking. The GM'll be getting an eyeful in the morn from the cameras. I really don't get dancing in the jacuzzi? Sorry but slipping is not my fun idea.

------

Dumb Old Man: Can I get a voucher for the shuttle
    Me: Sorry, but we don't give those out until *checks watch* 15 min from now.
    DOM: *big grin* That's ok!
    Me: ....

He proceeds to stand there and stare at me for 15 min instead of going and coming back in 15 min like normal people. He gets in the way of others trying to check out and refuses to move.

Me: Ya know what, let me give you it early.
    DOM: *grinning * Nooooo It's ok, I can wait!
    Me:....no really.

Yeah creepy.

------

A dumb man comes by.

Me: Good morning.
    DM: Morning?!?!?! It's evening! It's good evening! Good evening! *walks away smugly*

It's 1 am you dumb butt. Here that's 'morning'. Dumb butt.

-------

Me: Ma'am can you please give back the luggage cart after you're done
    Dumb Lady: Oh are we suppose to how surprising...

-------

A dumb man comes to check in, with a dumb woman beside him, talking to each other.
    Dumb Woman: Where's the luggage carts
    Me: Oh, there's no more. I'll just tell someone to get it after I check in you both....
    I finish the check in and go to the back to tell about the carts.
    Dumb Man: Hooooold on, aren't you gonna check her in?! *points to DW*
    Me: Oh I thought she was your wife. I was just going to tell someone about the carts she asked for.
    DM: BLARGLE BLAH
    DW: Calm down, it's true I did ask for that.
    DM:.............oh.
    Yeah think before you speak DM! And DW, get in back of him like a normal person, not beside if you're separate! Pet peeve alert! Argh. I bet these people don't separate their stuff from others' at the supermarket when checking out. Or use the divider.

-----

Angry Dumb Man: Are you in charge?!?!?!!??!!!!
    Me: Yes...right now.
    ADM: WHat kind of hotel is this, this entrance is all dirty and full of garbage!!!
    Me: Oh really? *goes to see* I don't see any garbage

One bottle rolls slowly by like a tumbleweed in the empty road.
    DM: See?!?!?! Garbage! I'm never coming to [Hotel that is NOT us] everr again! BLARGLE!!

I was sure to correct him so he gets the right hotel to never come back to.
    Last edited by HotelMinion; 07-12-2015, 06:52 AM.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
    Entitlement: Because you're worth it!
    Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth Antisocial_Worker View Post
      Entitlement: Because you're worth it!
      A new SC mantra.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Adding to this pet peeve, are the SCs who keep the cart in their room as if they should be the only ones allowed to use it. Heaven forbid you ask them to allow *gasp* other guests to use it!
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Dumb Guy: Why do I have to take my luggage out, put it into a cart and take it to my room? It's too much!
          Me: Sorry but that's what everyone else has to do.
          DG: It's inconvenient.

Sorry that we don't have bellhops. If you'd read our website you'd see that.
          Heh. I was at an arts convention last weekend, and the hotel's parking garage was full. However, because of this, the attendants kindly valeted my car for free (it was usually $30 per night) so that I could have access to it.

When I got home, I mock-complained on Facebook about the eighty pounds of books I had to wrestle out of the trunk. My sister asked how in the world I got it in the trunk in the first place. I said, "Oh, the parking valet at the Hilton did that."

Cue green steam.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
            Adding to this pet peeve, are the SCs who keep the cart in their room as if they should be the only ones allowed to use it. Heaven forbid you ask them to allow *gasp* other guests to use it!
            Just curious, but if this is a big issue for hotels, why hasn't some hotel done this?

- Require guests to sign out a luggage cart in order to use it, then sign it back in when they've finished with it. Could be enforced by putting locking casters (like on shopping carts) on them, desk person "zaps" it to unlock, unit would also need to be able to "zap" it to lock (rather than crossing a "no carts beyond this point" line).

- Use of the cart is free for the first half hour (arbitrarily chosen - some time period that should be plenty for someone to take the cart to the main entrance, load their luggage onto it, take it to their room, unload the luggage, and return it). After that, it's $10 (again an arbitrary charge - adjust to suit the market) per half hour or portion.

Guest uses the luggage cart as intended? Other than needing to sign it out/in, there's no problem. Guest wants to "hoard" the cart to be sure they have one when they check out in a week? They pay A LOT for the privilege.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Ben_Who View Post
              Heh. I was at an arts convention last weekend, and the hotel's parking garage was full. However, because of this, the attendants kindly valeted my car for free (it was usually $30 per night) so that I could have access to it.

When I got home, I mock-complained on Facebook about the eighty pounds of books I had to wrestle out of the trunk. My sister asked how in the world I got it in the trunk in the first place. I said, "Oh, the parking valet at the Hilton did that."

Cue green steam.
              Sorry I don't know what green steam is?

Quoth wolfie View Post
              Just curious, but if this is a big issue for hotels, why hasn't some hotel done this?

- Require guests to sign out a luggage cart in order to use it, then sign it back in when they've finished with it. Could be enforced by putting locking casters (like on shopping carts) on them, desk person "zaps" it to unlock, unit would also need to be able to "zap" it to lock (rather than crossing a "no carts beyond this point" line).

- Use of the cart is free for the first half hour (arbitrarily chosen - some time period that should be plenty for someone to take the cart to the main entrance, load their luggage onto it, take it to their room, unload the luggage, and return it). After that, it's $10 (again an arbitrary charge - adjust to suit the market) per half hour or portion.

Guest uses the luggage cart as intended? Other than needing to sign it out/in, there's no problem. Guest wants to "hoard" the cart to be sure they have one when they check out in a week? They pay A LOT for the privilege.
              I wsh they'd make it too big to put in the rooms. Then they'd leave in the halls but at least I can send someone to collect it and bring it back. Arrivals get absolutely F U R I O U S if there's no cart when they arrive. Almost as bad as finding out there's no bell staff. =P
              Can't reason with the unreasonable.
              The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Sorry I don't know what green steam is?
                I think it's jealous anger steam. Like, green with jealousy? If not then I dunno.

I wsh they'd make it too big to put in the rooms. Then they'd leave in the halls but at least I can send someone to collect it and bring it back. Arrivals get absolutely F U R I O U S if there's no cart when they arrive. Almost as bad as finding out there's no bell staff. =P
                Oh, if it was too big to fit inside the room they'd bang it on the door frame and cause damage which you could turn around and charge for! I love it. I've never used a cart. Probably I've had enough stuff that I could have justified using one, but it just never occurred to me.

And the people possibly slipping in the jacuzzi... Sometimes when I'm in a grocery store late at night there'll be college kids racing carts up and down the aisles. I mean, one person riding inside the cart, and another pushing it at a dead run. And I feel super old because my first thought is, "you're going to crash and crack your head open, idiot."
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
                X