Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

Well, this escalated quickly! Luckily it deescalated just as quickly.

2:30 in the morning. I notice someone on the couch in the lobby. I go through the usual information asking what room she's in. She's not registered, so I ask her to leave. She does. For a while.

She's back at 4am. I remind her that she needs to leave. No reply. I ask her if I need to get the cops involved. No reply. So I go and call the non-emergency dispatch.

Police show up and they start out being nice. Giving her a few options of alternatives other than staying in our lobby. She starts to get mouthy. Cops again reiterate that one of her options is jail, but she can also choose a family's home or a women's shelter. No reply.

Cops start to restrain her All of the sudden she's screaming at the top of her lungs crap about police brutality. It's BS. We have a camera that captured it all, and I witnessed it. They get the cuffs on her and she calls both cops and myself assholes.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Doesn't sound like she was right in the head
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

When does arguing a cop EVER make any given situation better? It doesn't matter who is right or wrong; it simply always takes any given situation you are in and makes it worse.

Sounds like these Boys in Blue gave her more than enough options that didn't involve jail...

Comment

If a cop gives me an option of either staying with family/friends/random person on the street or staying in the Greybar Hotel for an extended period of time, I'm taking option A!
        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
          If a cop gives me an option of either staying with family/friends/random person on the street or staying in the Greybar Hotel for an extended period of time, I'm taking option A!
          Sadly, for homeless people (like the woman in the OP appeared to be), they might actually welcome a night in jail...at least they'd be warm and get a square meal.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
            Sadly, for homeless people (like the woman in the OP appeared to be), they might actually welcome a night in jail...at least they'd be warm and get a square meal.
            Kind of like a story written by O. Henry about a homeless guy who commits crimes just so he could be arrested and put in jail.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
            X