This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing Lines

Yesterday evening, one of my cashiers called me up to the front and whispered that a customer had told her that someone was sat out in front of the store in their car, doing lines of cocaine, with their windows open.

Since our parking lot was pretty full, I went and found the customer, and asked her to show me which vehicle it was. Sure enough, there was a sketchy-looking couple sat there (the man was oddly slumped over, as if he was staring at something between his knees, and the woman was kind of just staring around). I went out and stood behind them and took their licence information, car make, etc, and just after I'd finished, they seemed to notice me and quickly drove off. They didn't say anything to me or even try to get a good look at me. Honestly, I can't imagine what possessed them to do something like that in broad daylight, with customers walking around with their children! Surely they could have waited until they got home, or drove off somewhere more private? (And I do believe they had done it, the customer who told me was very no-nonsense and sensible.)

I came back inside, took the customer's information, and made a call to the police. This is the third time this year I've had to call the police at this store, and I'm getting rather sick of it. I'll have to tell you all about the last time I called - there was a angry teenaged lynch mob involved.

Quoth The_Mysterious_Mr_L View Post
    Honestly, I can't imagine what possessed them to do something like that in broad daylight, with customers walking around with their children! Surely they could have waited until they got home, or drove off somewhere more private?
    Drug users are not known for their good-decision-making skills.

I'll have to tell you all about the last time I called - there was a angry teenaged lynch mob involved.
    This is a story that must be told immediately.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I'll have to tell you all about the last time I called - there was a angry teenaged lynch mob involved.
      Yes. Yes, you will Somebody fire up the popcorn machine, please!
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
        Drug users are not known for their good-decision-making skills.
        It's called dope for a reason
        Surely they could have waited until they got home, or drove off somewhere more private?
        Moreover, most other hiding places cost money which could otherwise be spent on dope. Remember you're talking about a priority list which reads something like:
        1) Drugs
        2) Breathing

BTW, stop calling me Shirley or I'll start up the white zone shit again.
        Last edited by taxguykarl; 07-08-2015, 05:42 PM.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
        X