This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You need to communicate

I had a woman and friend come to me and I think they may have responded to my greeting, but there's an equal chance they didn't. It's been that kind of day. Anyway, they weren't too interested in anything I had to say.
    The one paying had a coupon on her phone and before I could get all her stuff scanned she held it up to me and I scanned it, thinking it was not a coupon but the app, which can be scanned at any time in the transaction. She didn't tell me what it was, so I didn't know. Well, since I hadn't scanned all the clothes her total wasn't high enough for the coupon to work (spend a dollar amount and get some off) so I informed her. She told me "As soon as you scan the dress it will work." Now, there's nothing wrong with that statement, but she said it kind of snottily. I just went on with the transaction, thinking Well, if you would've told me or asked about it.... Her demeanor was one of annoyance the whole time after that and I remained nice--difficult for me, but I did it--and when she said thanks at the end it felt insincere and she looked mad.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Really, even if you had been a bit scatterbrained, getting angry about it seems extreme. Something spiny has clearly crawled up her bottom and it's making her irrationally irritable.

Comment

Working...
    X