Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiting for a karma ray to zap this one...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for a karma ray to zap this one...

Yes you the piece of pondscum who decided to steal the public defibrillator from the Cathedral.That's a vital piece of equipment which was there so it could be easily accessible if it was ever needed-and available for use in most of the town. Wouldn't it be ironic if you keeled over and needed it-and it wasn't available because you'd scarpered with it...
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Or

The idiot tries it on himself to see how it feels, but if I understand it right it can cause a perfectly working heart to stop working.

Comment

Alas, some drunk moron playing around with his new toy can't hurt himself with it; they are designed to be moron-proof and perform heart monitoring before it will "fire".

The units paramedics use can kill you, but not these "public" units.

Comment

Every time something is made "moron proof", someone invents a better moron. Lol
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
          The idiot tries it on himself to see how it feels, but if I understand it right it can cause a perfectly working heart to stop working.
          A defibrillator is designed to basically overload the circuitry of the heart if it's in a shockable rhythm in the hope that when the heart starts beating again, it's in a normal (or at least better) rhythm. You really don't want to go messing with the electrical conduction pathways unless you have to because it can do Bad Things(TM). Including changing the way the heart is pumping and in the worst case stopping it completely (V-tach and V-fib can turn into asystole real fast). So yeah, if the idiot thief does try it on himself, he could end up in a body bag.
          I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

If someone took it because they'd found someone having a heart attack, and simply forgot to bring it back, it'd be recognisable to the paramedics they (presumably) called as belonging to the Cathedral, right?

I find myself vainly hoping that that's the case, and it'll be found easily.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

AED's often go with the paramedics after an incident because of the recorder on them can let the doctors and EMS know what has been done in the way of first aid, AFAIK. As a lifeguard and CPR/AED teacher, this is what I have been told.

Comment

That sounds reasonable.

But the thing is, if it was in a hospital someplace, there should be something in place to take it back.

Oh. I forgot where I was for a moment.

Depending on the competence of the manglement of the hospital it's at, it might be sitting in a storeroom or a cupboard, while manglement gradually forgets it's still there at all.
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Just to clarify-it's not in a hospital. It's in the Cathedral and sits there in case it's ever needed-it's part of some Government scheme to get every town and village to have a defibrillator so if someone collapses in the town,there's one of these within say 5-10 minutes availability to try and avoid people dying before emergency help can get there.

And someone decided to nick it from the Cathedral,so it's not there if needed. Consider it the same sort of act as someone who decides to nick the lifebelts from the side of the lake....
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                    Every time something is made "moron proof", someone invents a better moron. Lol

quoted for truth
                    We are the willing, led by the unknowing, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful, we have now done so much, for so long - for so many, with so little, we can now do anything with nothing!!!

Comment

Have you searched Craigslist or eBay? Would not be surprised if it's already for sale. The cops can set up a buy to get it back and arrest the thief.

Comment

Working...
                      X