This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First SC since I've been back

So I am now back at work after having been on short term disability since January. I work at the call center for a large bank here in the States, specifically in the Small Business Banking department.

I had a call today, a business customer who had 4 overdraft fees on the account. Whenever we come across overdraft fees, we are supposed to explain why and how the fees were charged. Most often, it's various things like a held deposited check or pending transactions.

This issue was the latter. When I mentioned that he had had pending transactions on the account, he absolutely refused to let me explain any further, and started screaming about how we charged him fees on pending transactions, which was not true, and every time I tried to explain, he cut me off and screamed louder.

I finally said "May I continue", and he said NO YOU MAY NOT!, and continued his tirade, concluding it by screaming that he was closing his accounts, and then he hung up on me.

The satisfaction I got was from reviewing the account, I saw that he was actually eligible to have two of the fees waived, which would have been a credit of $70.00. He never gave me a chance to complete the explanation, and I never got the chance to help him out, so he wound up costing himself money by screaming at a phone lackey.

Quoth Erinesque View Post
    ... so he wound up costing himself money by screaming at a phone lackey.
    Don't they always?

And welcome back.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Erinesque View Post
      he wound up costing himself money by screaming at a phone lackey.
      Around my house, we call this "natural consequences".
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
      X