This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you, Captain Obvious.

While doing college stuff today, I ran over to the bookstore to see what the damage would be. I had my complete schedule out and ready when I walked in, so I could match courses with books.

A woman approaches me, speaking with a rather thick ghetto accent that I almost couldn't understand. She asked me what I needed, and when I told her the first thing out of her mouth was "How are you paying?" Um, okay, a bit blunt but I ignored it. She then looked over my schedule, and told me (and this is an exact quote), "Well, you need the math program, you see, and an English textbook, a History textbook, and a COMP textbook." Like I couldn't figure that out on my own.

After a few more questions I discovered that textbooks aren't actually being sold until Monday, and students aren't even allowed to find out if the bookstore has the correct books in stock. I was also clearly not going to get her to tell me which textbooks I need, and the only other employee was busy at the register with a long line, so I just left at that point.

I tried looking online but my English class is showing "No textbook necessary," so I'll need to go back there Monday anyway to figure out what the deal is. Hopefully I don't run into her again.
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Random thought, I've found used textbooks online way cheaper than the used books at the student store. Once you actually know which books you'll need, obviously. And why did she care how you were paying, do they have different prices for cash or credit?
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I think it has something to do with one of the forms of financial aid not actually coming in until two weeks after classes start, though students know if they're getting the aid a while beforehand so the school just says "Here, have your books, we'll take it out of your financial aid when it gets here." It wasn't so much that she asked as how she asked it. I had barely finished my sentence and she said it so bluntly.

I've been looking at textbooks online but some of the books I need are made specifically for this college, so they're much harder to find. At this point I may as well just buy them all at the school.
      The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Working...
      X