This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't give them ideas!

Two ads on the radio recently, so not strictly a sighting, more a hearing. They're both for the same company (the nature of which eludes me for the moment, I'm too busy snickering at the ads. Something along the nature of 'nothing is guaranteed'.)

Ad 1:
    SC - 'Hi, I'd like to return these lottery tickets please.'
    Clerk - 'But they were for last night's draw...'
    SC - 'Well, I was looking for winning numbers.'

Ad 2
    SC - 'Hi, I'd like to return my haircut.'
    Hairdresser - 'But we have already cut your hair - you had curly hair and we shaved it all off like you asked.'
    SC - 'Well, yeah, but now I'm not sure. I'd be happy to exchange for straight hair.'

All I can think of is why, why why are they giving SCs ideas? They're bad enough already, surely!

Oh, there's an ad on the radio and it's a pizza delivery guy apologizing for being late and then describing all this weird stuff that happened while he was trying to get to their house. The people get free pizza. Afterward the guys basically say that they did all the weird stuff purposely to slow the pizza guy down, so they could get free pizza.

Just... F*ck you, commercial. And I have NO IDEA what it's supposed to be promoting? Being a douche?
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

There's one here for a local gym where a lady is stage whispering how she just scammed the gym into giving her a membership for $10/month. And that the poor employee who signed her up will probably lose his job. And she sounds so effing proud of herself for it. Makes me absolutely ill and I will never join that gym because of it.
      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I just wish I could stop hearing the McDonald's commercial with the line, "Dude! How do you make your voice sound so epicy?"

Unless I'm mishearing it. Please tell me I'm mishearing it…
        "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

You are all making me ever so much more grateful for Public Radio & TV, available without having to hear any of these!

Comment

I've only seen the guilt tripping Clorox commercials that always feature an older woman guilting a younger woman into using Clorox to make sure it's "clean." "It's like using orange juice to clean.. grape juice." The older woman nags and the younger woman acts like a toddler that got caught with her hand in the cookie jar. EVERY TIME. It's bad enough SCs already do this! Why encourage it?!
            If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
              I've only seen the guilt tripping Clorox commercials that always feature an older woman guilting a younger woman into using Clorox to make sure it's "clean." "It's like using orange juice to clean.. grape juice." The older woman nags and the younger woman acts like a toddler that got caught with her hand in the cookie jar. EVERY TIME. It's bad enough SCs already do this! Why encourage it?!
              Gah! I have seen this one, and it drives me nuts! It reminds me of Helen in the Stephanie Plum series, always ranking on the daughter.
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
              X