This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Achievement unlocked: the bird

There is an intersection on the way home. There are four lanes. Left only two straight right only. I am going straight and am currently in the lane next to the left only. Idjit is in the lane next to me at an odd angle indicating the intent to be stupid. The light changes and he cuts in front of me forcing me to hit the breaks. I honk to let him know not ok. Then he promptly stops because he wants to wiggle into the left turn lane. I honk again forcing him to go straight and do a u-turn at the next light. He stuck his hand out the window and told me I was number one. Hey idjit if you wanted to turn left you should have thought of that a light or two BEFORE this one. Oh and I have absolutely no intention of missing the light and waiting ANOTHER 5min for the next. Seriously what are you doing two lanes away from the left turn lane if you wanted to go left? Usually I find they want to dodge through traffic so they can skip the line. My answer to that? NOPE!
    Attached Files

Comment

• 2 days in a row, I'm driving straight. Nothing out of the ordinary, no turn signals on, no nothing. Going the speed limit, within about 5 miles of it at least. At two different intersections (Side roads for them) where I have no stop sign, no yield, no lights, they decided they are going to go straight across busy road to another side street. Only they decide not to look both ways and just go into traffic. I lay on the horn and they don't even glance my way. They nearly got T-boned!

Comment

• What is it with drivers in this state? Last couple of days, three different drivers in front of me refusing to even do the speed limit, and now I don't have a horn because a short broke it and then blew the relevant fuse for good measure.

Please, don't be That Guy who muddles along at 45-50 in a 55. That Guy rates somewhere between YouTube "support" and poorly timed ice cream orders on the first world problems scale of rage.

Think if I can make it fit, I might get a big rig horn to replace my wimpy and now broken stock horn. Slow drivers seem to be uniformly oblivious, when they don't get all triggered and slow down even more in response to honking. Maybe going louder will help to get their attention.
        Last edited by Shotgun Chuck; 11-28-2016, 12:56 AM.
        Just stay out of the "workplace memes" thread. Please. I mean it.

Comment

• Quoth Shotgun Chuck View Post
          ... Maybe going louder will help to get their attention.
          I used to classify alarm sirens into three grades: Gentle Hint, Firm Reminder, and LIQUEFY!
          Maybe you need Fat Freddies replacement for his horn what go "meep meep" ... some bigass speakers and a couple of kilowatts of amplification. 11 is for wimsp, this puppy goes to 99!
          Last edited by dalesys; 11-28-2016, 01:30 AM.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth Shotgun Chuck View Post
            Think if I can make it fit, I might get a big rig horn to replace my wimpy and now broken stock horn.
            Wouldn't be any louder than your (broken) stock horn. Big rig horns require a supply of 100 PSI air, which cars don't have.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Quoth dalesys View Post
              Maybe you need Fat Freddies replacement for his horn what go "meep meep" ...
              I loved that comic!

Quoth wolfie View Post
              Wouldn't be any louder than your (broken) stock horn. Big rig horns require a supply of 100 PSI air, which cars don't have.
              You can get air horns which have a small compressor and air reservoir. Not quite to big-rig levels, but they sure can make a lot of noise!
              “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
              One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
              The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• Never a dull moment at Mart of Wals. I parked next to one of the cart corrals, and on my way out of the store I noticed someone had parked next to me. In front of said cart corral. Not only that, the driver had backed into the not-a-parking-space, so their nose was sticking far out into the traffic lane. We left about the same time so I then got to watch this lunatic suddenly decide to jump lanes to turn right and avoid a red light. Hopefully they didn't crash into anyone. -_-
                I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

• It's bad enough that idiots like you cut across the lanes in the Walmart parking lot, but do you have to do it when it's snowing like crazy and slippery as hell? If I didn't have ABS, I would have run into you! Between the snow and the parked cars, I didn't see you until you were pulling out in front of me!
                  "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                  -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Many years ago, I was a receptionist where I sat in front of a plate glass window facing out at the door to greet the customers, which also gave me a full view of the parking lot.

A memory that warms my heart even today was of someone cutting across the parking lot and hitting a concrete wrapped pole almost head on. The concrete was scuffed, the truck was not drivable.

The driver was fine and boy was she pissed off at the world. I didn't dial 911 because she didn't seem to need medical aid and it had happened in a parking lot, so the police wouldn't respond. I did call the other 2 people in the office over to watch the meltdown.

Comment

• Yet another person who thinks they need to swing wide to turn a corner. I should note, this was a midsize sedan, on a main road with lots of room. If a person can't turn in their own lane in a mid sized car, they should not be on the road.

Also, relayed to me by someone who lives way out on a scenic highway with a speed limit of 55... When there's a solid sheet of ice on the road, maybe slow down? My CW says she was going about 25, along with a lot of other motorists, and some idiots were flying past. To pass on this highway, you have to go into oncoming traffic, since it's one lane in either direction. Later in the day the highway was closed for some time because of a fatal accident due to the conditions. We're terrible snow/ice drivers here, in general, so lets just take it slow, 'kay?
                      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Internal rant to myself while driving home: Come on people. We are on a divided highway. There is a concrete wall between the us and the oncoming traffic. That ambulance is on the other side of the concrete wall. The concrete wall that is there to prevent vehicles from crossing over into oncoming traffic. There is NO REASON FOR EVERYONE TO F***ING SLOW DOWN OR STOP!!! @$%$*&^$

Comment

• Staying in your lane: it's not just for Facebook, it works equally well out on the road - you know, where the lane markings are?
                          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• Driver in a white Impala; You seem to need to go to some emergency with how fast you came up on me, and you did pass me as soon as you realized that I was going around the limit, but you apparently don't know what a yellow triangle-shaped sign is, or what a solid yellow line means. Are you sure you couldn't wait a few seconds before deciding to pass in a no-passing zone?

This same driver did this twice to me, once when I was driving my daughter to work (Guy was behind me at an intersection, I just completed a turn onto a street and the guy couldn't wait for me to speed up apparently) and once on my way home (above). The evil person in me would suddenly decide to turn left the next time, if I didn't care about me or my car...

Comment

• Driver in RV with trailer; I see this and a car ahead of me, going about 5-10 MPH below the limit. I approach them, and notice the passing lane is empty for miles. I start my pass, and about 1/4 into it (just passing the car and starting on the small trailer) the RV turns on his left turnsignal.

Well, I'm too far into passing to quit now, just will have to speed up and hope that the RV driver sees me in his mirror...which he apparently doesn't, because he starts drifting into the opposite (passing) lane!

I have to pull onto the shoulder to complete my pass before I'm smashed on the passenger side. It's becoming far to common for drivers around here to pull into the opposite lane before making a left turn...

Comment

• Quoth RichS View Post
                                ... far to common for drivers around here to pull into the opposite lane before making a left turn...
                                With this here power steering it's too much effort to make a sharp turn before the wheel slips out of my limp grasp.
                                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                                X