Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The really sad part? Li'l Bro used to have the game. But he sold it and the rest of the GC stuff for trade in credit to buy the Wii when it first came out. I wish I could reach through e-mail to Colombia and strangle him right now, lol. I'll keep an eye on some smaller, local shops and see if I can get lucky.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
      So I looked into picking up Tales of Symphonia and I can't find a copy for under $30. A GameCube game. That's been out almost 10 years. I know it's an awesome game. But so is FFVII and you can download FFVII for $10 on PSN. WTF?!
      It's tough to get. It's still nearly impossible to find a PSX version of Xenogears for under $80 and that's the less sought after Greatest Hits release.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I'm so glad I snagged copies of Xenogears, Persona 2 Eternal Punishment, the Tales games, and Suikoden 2 when I had the chance, as the prices on all those tend to be fairly high on the secondary market, due to various factors.
        Dealer hits... 21. Table loses.

This happens more often than most people want to believe.

Comment

Well, I did it. I got a PSP, Birth by Sleep, and Crisis Core (along with a couple DS games) with my Christmas money. BBS came in the mail a couple days ago, and the PSP and Crisis Core should get here tomorrow. Now to decide which one to play first....

Oh, and one of the DS games I got? LoZ: Ocarina of Time 3D. Considering how much of Twilight Princess I broke down and used a walkthrough for, I see much fail in my future, lol.
          I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
            I can't even begin to estimate how many thousands of $$ I've sunk into rulebooks, paint, brushes, terrain supplies, and the metric f&%#ton of plastic, resin and pewter miniatures I have around my house in various stages of completion. Hell, I have a dragon figurine that my wife had to barter my soul back for. It's way more than I've spent on consoles, games, and even my gaming PC.
            Damn...sounds like me and my model collection. I don't even want to *think* about the money that's been sunk into it. Plastic kits, parts, tools, paint, books, magazines, brushes, knife blades, etc. all add up. I too have quite a few "long-term projects" lying around. I'm sure some members remember the '58 Chevy I was working on...and how after 20 years, it's *still* not finished!

I never really got into gaming. Sure, I'll play GTA and Sim City, but that's about it. I buy games now and then, but never when they first come out. I just can't see spending $50 on a new game...when my computer isn't up to the task. Instead, I'll wait until the price comes down quite a bit. That's why I didn't even get GTA4 until last year
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

When WoW came out, I was put off by the monthly subscription fee. About 2 years ago, one of my best friends got me into a free MMORPG which I enjoyed thoroughly until this fall when the balance finally tipped forever into "Pay to Survive." My guildies and I moved to a private server. It got hacked a month later. We moved to a different one.

For Christmas, I got Guild Wars 2. Holy crap, this game is AMAZING. I'm trying to divide my time between 2 MMO's I'm addicted to, but it's very hard to pull myself away from GW2.
              "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I'd play GW2, except that it's produced by NCSoft, and they killed City of Heroes for no good reason (it made a profit, and they dumped the staff, so it's not like they needed the resources for something else >_> ), so I'm boycotting them for now.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                  It's tough to get. It's still nearly impossible to find a PSX version of Xenogears for under $80 and that's the less sought after Greatest Hits release.
                  ...damn. I still have Xenogears. The original one, not the Greatest Hits. Hell, I still have the prepaid phone card that came with it ( it came with a prepaid card for calling the hint line when it was first released ).

Heck, I have FF7, Metal Gear Solid, RE2, you name it. All sitting in a drawer on my media center. I'd pretty much forgotten about them till this thread. -.-

Comment

Another NCSoft boycotter here! CoH was the only MMO I really played with consistency, and it was shaping up to get even better. But NC killed it just to prop up their Korean grindfests, and pretty well gave a big finger to its customers. So I'm not playing with their stuff anymore.

NCSoft can bite me.

Comment

To be fair GW2 is only published by NCSoft, so if you are avoiding it because you hate NCSoft that is just silly. Arenanet is in charge of everything GW2 related.

Comment

Quoth Etna View Post
                        To be fair GW2 is only published by NCSoft, so if you are avoiding it because you hate NCSoft that is just silly. Arenanet is in charge of everything GW2 related.
                        Arenanet is a subsidiary of NCSoft
                        I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
                          Arenanet is a subsidiary of NCSoft
                          My heart goes out to all of you who got burned when they shut down CoH... it really does. That sucks, and I'm sorry. That being said, I love GW2.
                          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Heh. Haven't played an NCSoft game since they shut down Dungeon Runners. Not that I actively hate the company or anything. It's more that I've been caught up in other companies' games. But damn, I do miss the humor from DR. Any MMO dungeon crawl that has you collecting pewter miniatures bcause an NPC likes to paint them is seriously awesome.
                            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                              Damn...sounds like me and my model collection. I don't even want to *think* about the money that's been sunk into it. Plastic kits, parts, tools, paint, books, magazines, brushes, knife blades, etc. all add up. I too have quite a few "long-term projects" lying around. I'm sure some members remember the '58 Chevy I was working on...and how after 20 years, it's *still* not finished!
                              My plastic model collection isn't quite as bad, but it is up there. Mainly because I use 1/144 WWII aircraft and 1/72 WWII vehicles and infantry for gaming. Larger stuff I don't usually bother with anymore unless it's scifi.
                              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Lol. I know the feeling. I'm a gamer too. Love it though.

Comment

Working...
                                X